The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 01:29 PM

POST ID # = 929935
CNBIII Reputation: 10

To layer on here in the hope that someone at Corsair not only reads this but acts on it ... you can have the greatest products in the world, but if your customer service sucks that's what people are going to remember (because that is literally THE customer interaction with the company) and the negative impact thereof will be greater than actually should be (again, because what customers are actually experiencing).

And on the flip side....

Last edited by CNBIII; 12-10-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930099
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Oh believe me, it's being acted upon. My boss, who is the Director of Gaming Systems, was personally calling customers who hadn't heard from us when our tech support ticketing system wasn't properly flagging them.

Progress is slow going as we shore up deficiencies in our customer service process, but this situation is being taken deathly seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNBIII View Post
To layer on here in the hope that someone at Corsair not only reads this but acts on it ... you can have the greatest products in the world, but if your customer service sucks that's what people are going to remember (because that is literally THE customer interaction with the company) and the negative impact thereof will be greater than actually should be (again, because what customers are actually experiencing).

And on the flip side....

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930663
RC_ONE Reputation: 10

I received a call from Reiner at Corsair yesterday. Nice rep. He was following up on my RMA return and decision to return for refund for reasons already discussed in the forum. No need to rehash in this post.

While he wasn't able to give me an immediately decisive answer regarding my (sadly) return for full refund due to circumstances surrounding my purchase (partial store credit vs cash, rewards points vs regular credit, time since purchase...ect), and was going to present it to folks higher up the flagpole, the call itself seemed to me to be a good direction for Corsair's customer service outreach and experience.

There was definitely room for improvement with regard to the call, but it was mostly the type of thing that will come with time and experience for anyone handling customer service. Reiner speaks English well, and the language barrier wasn't a significant problem, but it still existed a little. I can see how misunderstandings could occur, and I did feel the need to be a little repetitive to be sure what I was intending to communicate was the actual message being understood. The fact that I do think my concerns were understood is a good thing, as that's not always the case when speaking with customer support reps these days.

Reiner indicated he'll be taking ownership of my ticket/case/issue going forward. He's also using/replying/updating via the ticketing system which is good.

My thanks to Reiner for the call, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the ongoing follow-up works out. My hope is that the turnaround on the decision is quick and the circumstances regarding the original enticements for purchasing the Corsair One are taken into consideration. My RMA'd return should arrive at Corsair on the 18th, at which time I should receive my $400 advanced RMA hold back. And then, the return for full refund of the C1 I currently have should proceed. One at a time as not to confuse what refund is for which system or what was received when, so we're all on the same page, though I hope to have everything resolved before the new year :)

I'm looking forward to the future of the Corsair One product line when the issues I've previously discussed in its design are addressed, and I can revisit it, because there really is so much to love about it, and I think Corsair's on the right tract here.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 12-15-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:11 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931401

Follow-up: Reiner contacted me today to let me know the refund(s) were approved by those higher up the command structure.

The original system was RMA returned to Corsair and arrived at their warehosue this past Monday. Their warehouse will check that the system was received (I made a video when shutting it down and packing it up for shipping...etc so it should be fine) and I should receive the $400 advanced RMA funds hold back soon.

Then the RMA replacement PC will also be returned. As I've been informed that the full refund for it has already been approved (upon receipt of the RMA replacement PC), there shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed.

Reiner's follow-up is a good sign of things to come for Corsair's support. Even if there had been problems with the return process or refund (and I'm glad to see there shouldn't be), the proactive customer support follow-up is greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays everyone. For now, there's a little less concern off my shoulders.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:53 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935667

Hi, @Corsair_Dustin please ask Reiner or someone in support to follow up on my refund?

Corsair received the C1 back on Jan 5th, and other than a random rep I hadn't spoken with before asking me to upload information they should have already had (the UPS tracking number Corsair sent me, and the shipping insurance info which UPS told me was provided with the system upon delivery), I haven't heard anything. I did post a message requesting followup on the ticket via the support site too, but no response yet. Thanks!

And best wishes for a happy new year :)

Old 01-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Alan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935791
Corsair Alan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_ONE View Post
Hi, @Corsair_Dustin please ask Reiner or someone in support to follow up on my refund?

Corsair received the C1 back on Jan 5th, and other than a random rep I hadn't spoken with before asking me to upload information they should have already had (the UPS tracking number Corsair sent me, and the shipping insurance info which UPS told me was provided with the system upon delivery), I haven't heard anything. I did post a message requesting followup on the ticket via the support site too, but no response yet. Thanks!

And best wishes for a happy new year :)
Hi RC_ONE,

Please PM me your ticket # so I can have support reference your case so we can check the status.

Thank You

Old 01-17-2018, 02:13 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Alan View Post
Hi RC_ONE,

Please PM me your ticket # so I can have support reference your case so we can check the status.

Thank You
Hi Alan,

Ticket number sent!

Thanks,

RC

Old 01-20-2018, 09:56 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936386

*YAAAAAAAAWWN*

....[Sleepy bleary-eyed look]

After a long work week and a late Friday night, I was woken up at 8:30am (0830) by a Corsair rep's phone call. It went to voicemail before I could answer.

The message was a cordial check-in with me to see if everything was "A-OK" and if everything is "working fine". (My C1's were returned weeks ago)

Nothing about the refund I'm waiting on.

Didn't seem to know why he was asked by his supervisor to call me.

After he concluded leaving me the voicemail, the Corsair automated support satisfaction survey left an additional 2:45 on the voicemail.

Suggestion: Have reps read ticket notes (if any) before calling.

Suggestion 2: My guess is the rep wasn't based in the USA and didn't realize the time-zone difference. 8:30am is way too early to be calling someone on a weekend morning unless they requested it.

Suggestion 3: Disable the satisfaction survey when a rep leaves a voicemail.

I'm too tired to sound pissed off. Don't let that fool you. I'm plenty pissed off. And worse, it woke up and annoyed my wife too.

Edit: I called back the number the Corsair rep called me on and he answered. Nice enough guy. I didn't give him hell, but did mention the time issue. Says he'll get back to me after the weekend about my refund. My assumption about his not being based in the USA was correct, he's in Southeast Asia. In a global world, it's important to know how to convert those time zones. It's a good thing I'm not on the West coast where it was 5:30am when he called.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 01-20-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:28 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937530

It's now Friday, having not heard back this week from Mark at Corsair customer support regarding my refund, I called in to Corsair Support. During the call today, the rep who answered said he was communicating with the person in charge of refunds, and said I should receive my refund the first week of February. He also said the refund would be "sent" February 5th, so I expect I'll more likely receive it in the second week of February. It took a while for the rep to grasp that the difference between when the check will be created/sent (the first week of February) versus when I would receive it (might not be the first week of February) was an important distinction for me. Even then, he continued to state I would receive it the first week of February, because that was the information he was provided.

It's important for CSR's to be accurate in the estimations they provide customers. If the check is being generated on the 5th, "You'll receive it within the first two weeks of February" would have been safer for him to say.

Crossed fingers everything goes well from here... :)

Last edited by RC_ONE; 01-26-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:34 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939812

UPDATE:

Refund received and deposited. Mark from Corsair called earlier today, leaving a voicemail message to follow up regarding the refund. As requested, when I was able to reply I left a message on my ticket.

Thank you Dustin, Alan, Roland, Deanna, Reiner, and Mark for your help and follow-up.

Final suggestion: When a refund (or anything from Corsair) is actually mailed, update the related ticket or email the customer so they know to expect it. Many people have active travel schedules or mail problems in their locality. Foreknowledge is very helpful.

I'm still very interested in where the Corsair ONE product line is headed, and will check back to see if the issues I experienced are resolved in future iterations and meet my needs at that time. I hope they do.

Support has also visibly improved. I have no doubt there's much work still to be done on that front, but thank you for listening and taking action to do better. It shows.

See ya'll around the system building/game circuits.

(Mods, please feel free to lock this topic. The basic issues that started it have been addressed by Corsair. If other customers encounter problems, they should post new threads :) )

Last edited by RC_ONE; 02-09-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
corsair, corsair one, corsair one pro, tech support