Corsair Community

Possible Fix for Corsair's Mouse Wheel

madcap123

I have a M65 RGB mouse which has a terrible mouse wheel. It's pretty old and the problem got progressively worse after about a year. I tried cleaning it, by taking it apart and using a blow can and some rubbing alcohol. Sometimes this worked for a very short time, but it clearly wasn't fixing the problem.

The solution I found that worked, was to squeeze the mouse wheel sensor thingy together with a pair of pliers. Doing so removed the excessive play and tightened the mechanism. The wheel now feels a lot more solid, doesn't get confused about what direction it's going and rarely skips.

It went from about 50% efficient to the high 90+%.

Of course, you risk damaging your mouse, so maybe only try this if you're out of warranty and have some sort of backup plan.

Oddly enough, the middle mouse button is also working properly (no need to press very hard for a click to register). :bigeyes:

I guess with the mouse wheel now being more solid without any excessive wobble along the other axis the tip of the plastic arm is making better contact with the cheapo switch that they used for the middle button.

Archived