Corsair Community

Want to trigger full keyboard ripple on "B" key press only. Can it be done?

Well, it still doesn't function like a normal key. I tried to play something like Guitar Hero with this method, the time it takes the action to perform is much higher than an actual key press and is also inconsistent. Also it isn't really a continuos press, the keyboard just simulates a press every so often (depending on your action settings).

Every used key (1,2,3,4...) has one macro connected to a second release macro. The "press macro" presses the key and releases a ripple lighting at start (nothing else). On release the second macro is started, that releases the key.

For the keys 1,2,3,4 the release macro also has a ripple effect at the start, that goes from transparent to background color, to 'stop' the ripple started by the press. (so you have visual feedback for the release)

The ripple for the numbers is also longer, so it doesn't stop while you press. The release ripple has the same settings but as said it goes from intensity 0% to 100% of the background color.

A bit confusing, i know... If you want pictures for the effects etc, just tell me.

The macros are also set to start on press and to not repeat. (because the key is just pressed and not released)

• 3 months later...
If it was at least a consitent delay, it wouldn't be that bad, but the delay is inconsistent as f*. I think the software simulates the actions in batches instead of in real time, which kind of boggles my mind why they did it that way.

corsair will likely improve CUE, its still better than all the other keyboards out there. it has way more possibilities.

Archived