Corsair Community

H115i Grindind noise

CaBPi

Hey.

I just installed a corsair h115i two days ago and the pump keeps making a small grinding noise. Its not too loud, but still loud enought to hear when im working on my pc. I dont know if its supposed to make a sound like that?

If anyone have experience with the noise levels on those models, I would like to hear your thoughts on the noise levels the pump is supposed to have, and if I should send it back to the retailer for repair or replacement?

Thx for your help.

No, grinding noises are not part of the show. If you are running Corsair Link, is the pump set to Quiet or Performance. Try setting it to Quiet for now. It should not have any meaningful impact on coolant temperatures (H115i Temp).

I would start a support ticket here. You are not obligated to follow through or RMA the cooler, but I would get the process started. In the meantime, try laying the case on its side, if possible. There is an outside change a bubble is stuck at the pump, but I would not pin my hopes on it. Let it run that way for a few hours. In the alternative, you can take the cooler completely off and turn it back and forth to try and work it out. It works better if you can still supply power to it (SATA cable), but may still work with out it. Again, this is something a long shot, but likely less hassle than replacing the cooler.

I did try Corsair link, but it didnt really change any noise from the pump no matter the setting. It did make my fans go berserk every 20 sec or so.

I will try the other fixes you suggest and make a support ticket with Corsair.

Thx for the help!

Make sure the fans are assigned to the H115i Temp Group (water temp). Trying to control the cooler from CPU temperature often brings unneeded fan changes and sometimes control issues. Besides, the fans' function is help remove heat from the water, not cool the CPU directly. The fans do not need to keep in step with dynamic CPU load changes.

Archived