Corsair Community

iCUE Wanted Features (collecting thread)

LeSnakk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this still the official suggestion thread?

Would it be possible to link a profile to when the screensaver/monitor sleep comes on? It would be cool to come back to the PC and seeing a particular 'screensaver' profile playing.

It's never been official, hm, I really have to update the main post.

To your question: I don't think so. I am using the old WinXP Tubes wallpaper with an .exe and when I link a profile to it, it only works when I 'test' the wallpaper, not in regular use.

It's never been official, hm, I really have to update the main post.

To your question: I don't think so. I am using the old WinXP Tubes wallpaper with an .exe and when I link a profile to it, it only works when I 'test' the wallpaper, not in regular use.

Yeah I guess this would be something the iCUE guy's would have to implement, it's just a suggestion and I think it would be quite neat...

What about Alexa Support? Or that Thing razer is doing to controll a Lot 3rd Party Programms that can sync all These components.

Corsair Should think about it. Tbh at the moment i would buy components that will be compatible with chroma since you are not limited to any Brand. And at the end of the year you can change all your pc colors profiles and so on with alexa. Sounds great

Is this still the official suggestion thread?

Would it be possible to link a profile to when the screensaver/monitor sleep comes on? It would be cool to come back to the PC and seeing a particular 'screensaver' profile playing.

This could be done through hardware lighting.. only devices that won't play ball are the ST100 headset stand and the MM800 RGB mouse mat as they have no accessible onboard storage unfortunately.

but good call to suggest it dude... and easier method would be nice...

Or atleast a mobile app for the beginning , i mean there is a app for everything . But not for a digital premium system like corsair rgb things.

Now your Talking!. yep. i could get on board with an app to control lighting and check temps etc?

Here's one suggestion.

"To control animation speed using coolant temp"

Normal animations could go from slow/mid/fast with some given temp thresholds.

Custom animations could speed up gradually by linking coolant temp user-set min/max values to the "lights per second" parameter in the individual animation properties.

That way one could have presets with fan curves that change animations automatically as the temp rises.

Another great addition to iCUE could be to be able to link coolant temp to a certain layer animation level (alpha level per layer) so certain things (like a red ripple) could slowly fade in (brightness) and also accelerates as the temp rises, and fades out / slows down as the temp goes down.

What about Alexa Support? Or that Thing razer is doing to controll a Lot 3rd Party Programms that can sync all These components.

Corsair Should think about it. Tbh at the moment i would buy components that will be compatible with chroma since you are not limited to any Brand. And at the end of the year you can change all your pc colors profiles and so on with alexa. Sounds great

Razer Chroma Connected Devices Program

Yeah, this is why I'm holding off buying a new K70 for the time being. If Corsair sign up to this and get iCue working with and alongside Chroma and Hue stuff, then I'll buy it.

Edited by W00kiee

6) More SDK-Enabled games/easy option to create own Game-SDK-lighting

I love the Far Cry 5 lighting effects (even when they still only support 4 of my 6 LL fans (already made a thread about that)). So more games would be cool, for examlpe PUBG, GTA, CSGO, Rainbow Six and so on. At this point my previously mentioned option (-> 4) ) of playing a specific lighting after a specific key or makro is pressed while staying in the very same profile would be incredible because then you could kinda make your own Game-specific Lighting which interacts with the actions performed in the game.

Regarding number 6, I got you covered. Over December/January I worked on making this happen and have finished developing an application to do just this. You can add custom 'games' with their own profiles and do your own 'game integration' it's pretty easy to use once you learn the functions that the SDK (its a separate SDK used for Game Integration for Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus, etc.) uses. I've done all the hard work so a user can make their own controllers that handle when to use which profiles.

Custom controllers are written in basically any language you like as interaction with my application is done via HTTP GET requests, which is pretty universally doable. I'm quite partial to Python, so it's a bit easier to use for controllers (you can just import a script I made, and it becomes very simple to use). You can also link controllers to processes, so that they launch (can also toggle closing) with that process. Currently I've made a controller for CSGO, as well as controllers to respond to keystrokes (think hotkey to change profile) and a few other smaller games.

So I finished this project in January and it's been tested quite a bit and I'm (almost?) happy to release it in it's current state. I haven't released it yet because I need to find the time to create a tutorial video with in-depth explainations of each part of the process. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest around this, particularly from Corsair (Hi guys, love your products and love iCUE!), so just sit tight guys and don't bomb my DMs asking for a copy or source, thanks. The other reason I haven't released it is I'm not sure of some legal stuff, the program runs using a DLL file shipped with Far Cry 5, that is the Corsair iCUE SDK for Game Integration and should be present with all other games with such integration. With that in mind, I probably will not distribute that particular file and instead leave it to users to aquire it from their own game installs, just to avoid that copyright/legal issue. In getting it to work there was no real reverse-engineering used, it was literally guesswork, but I'd love to talk to a Corsair employee who knows the DLL I'm talking about because I'm still not sure about a handfull of functions and would love to know more.

So yeah, keep an eye out for this. It's definitly doable and we have the means to do it, with the biggest obstacle being if Corsair isn't happy that we're doing it and kind of undermining the 'exclusivity' of iCUEs game integration. But it's so cool and will really make our Corsair setups pop, so hopefully they don't mind. For now we'll see how long it takes me to make those videos :P

• Like 1

Regarding number 6, I got you covered. Over December/January I worked on making this happen and have finished developing an application to do just this. You can add custom 'games' with their own profiles and do your own 'game integration' it's pretty easy to use once you learn the functions that the SDK (its a separate SDK used for Game Integration for Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus, etc.) uses. I've done all the hard work so a user can make their own controllers that handle when to use which profiles.

Custom controllers are written in basically any language you like as interaction with my application is done via HTTP GET requests, which is pretty universally doable. I'm quite partial to Python, so it's a bit easier to use for controllers (you can just import a script I made, and it becomes very simple to use). You can also link controllers to processes, so that they launch (can also toggle closing) with that process. Currently I've made a controller for CSGO, as well as controllers to respond to keystrokes (think hotkey to change profile) and a few other smaller games.

So I finished this project in January and it's been tested quite a bit and I'm (almost?) happy to release it in it's current state. I haven't released it yet because I need to find the time to create a tutorial video with in-depth explainations of each part of the process. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest around this, particularly from Corsair (Hi guys, love your products and love iCUE!), so just sit tight guys and don't bomb my DMs asking for a copy or source, thanks. The other reason I haven't released it is I'm not sure of some legal stuff, the program runs using a DLL file shipped with Far Cry 5, that is the Corsair iCUE SDK for Game Integration and should be present with all other games with such integration. With that in mind, I probably will not distribute that particular file and instead leave it to users to aquire it from their own game installs, just to avoid that copyright/legal issue. In getting it to work there was no real reverse-engineering used, it was literally guesswork, but I'd love to talk to a Corsair employee who knows the DLL I'm talking about because I'm still not sure about a handfull of functions and would love to know more.

So yeah, keep an eye out for this. It's definitly doable and we have the means to do it, with the biggest obstacle being if Corsair isn't happy that we're doing it and kind of undermining the 'exclusivity' of iCUEs game integration. But it's so cool and will really make our Corsair setups pop, so hopefully they don't mind. For now we'll see how long it takes me to make those videos :P

This sounds very promising and I am looking for the release. If you need anyone to help you testing feel free to ask me hehe.

Regarding your concerns about Corsair not being happy about your work: I doubt that they won't like what you did. They released their SDK to the public to let people do things with their hardware exactly like you did.

So it would be cool if you'd keep us updated about your project in this thread or create a seperate one!

I'm looking forward to releasing it too, it has been tested vigorously so it is in a state ready to be released. It's just that I want to get some tutorial videos done first. Regarding my concerns around Corsair and the SDK, I think that you misunderstood me. The publicly available "iCUE SDK" is not the SDK that I have used. The iCUE SDK is publicly available with header files, documentation and example projects, and we have permission from Corsair to use it.

The SDK for Game Integration is not publicly available and only distributed by Corsair to the AAA game companies that have made integrated titles, ie. Far Cry 5 and Metro Exodus devs. This is most likely under some kind of contract where Corsair get a cut of the profits, or were otherwise payed for the awesome integration we get. As this SDK is not shipped publicly, the only way to obtain it is via one of these games, however that is lacking header files and documentation. This essentially makes the SDK just bytes of a black box that is unusable to us. I spent a lot of time to get it working through guesswork and cross-referencing the existing iCUE SDK Documentation, so that I could create my own header files and use the SDKs functions.

This is where my concerns stem from: my application is based on an SDK that is not publicly available and likely only distributed under contract. This is why I was weary of what Corsair may have to say about my project.

It would be nice if the "Speed" setting in the Vengeance RGB RAM's "Lighting Effects" tab made any sort of sense? It's just a slider that goes from 1 to 63 in completely arbitrary steps?? Like, 55 is only a bit faster than 54, but 63 is TWICE AS FAST as 62??? What do those numbers even mean????

CORSAIR EXPLAIN, I AM CONFUSION!

(Also, the RAM is still lagging behind when switching profiles: while the rest of my Corsair RGB equipment (fans, LED strips, AiO, keyboard) switch their colors instantly, it takes the RAM almost 2 seconds to apply any change. This didn't use to be the case in LINK and in the earlier beta releases of iCUE, but some update broke it and it's been bugging me ever since!)

Edited by DemonRoxas

Still hoping for support for my old H100i (still working from 2013.) I just don't want to use a separate Corsair Link software just to control the fans.

It isn't going to happen sorry mate. Supporting those devices would just add bloat to the software and its already pretty fat as it is. They are really outdated and they just don't fit the RGB ecosystem.

I'm looking forward to releasing it too, it has been tested vigorously so it is in a state ready to be released. It's just that I want to get some tutorial videos done first. Regarding my concerns around Corsair and the SDK, I think that you misunderstood me. The publicly available "iCUE SDK" is not the SDK that I have used. The iCUE SDK is publicly available with header files, documentation and example projects, and we have permission from Corsair to use it.

The SDK for Game Integration is not publicly available and only distributed by Corsair to the AAA game companies that have made integrated titles, ie. Far Cry 5 and Metro Exodus devs. This is most likely under some kind of contract where Corsair get a cut of the profits, or were otherwise payed for the awesome integration we get. As this SDK is not shipped publicly, the only way to obtain it is via one of these games, however that is lacking header files and documentation. This essentially makes the SDK just bytes of a black box that is unusable to us. I spent a lot of time to get it working through guesswork and cross-referencing the existing iCUE SDK Documentation, so that I could create my own header files and use the SDKs functions.

This is where my concerns stem from: my application is based on an SDK that is not publicly available and likely only distributed under contract. This is why I was weary of what Corsair may have to say about my project.

I dont think Corsair is in the business of suing people who make cool things. Not to mention the PR side of suing you for something as petty as using an unreleased SDK would be brutal, to say the least.

Razer Chroma Connected Devices Program

Yeah, this is why I'm holding off buying a new K70 for the time being. If Corsair sign up to this and get iCue working with and alongside Chroma and Hue stuff, then I'll buy it.

Corsair devices will never work with Chroma, I can pretty much promiss you that. And I believe HUE has signed a contract with Razer. So you would have to talk to Phillips about that.

It would be nice if the "Speed" setting in the Vengeance RGB RAM's "Lighting Effects" tab made any sort of sense? It's just a slider that goes from 1 to 63 in completely arbitrary steps?? Like, 55 is only a bit faster than 54, but 63 is TWICE AS FAST as 62??? What do those numbers even mean????

CORSAIR EXPLAIN, I AM CONFUSION!

(Also, the RAM is still lagging behind when switching profiles: while the rest of my Corsair RGB equipment (fans, LED strips, AiO, keyboard) switch their colors instantly, it takes the RAM almost 2 seconds to apply any change. This didn't use to be the case in LINK and in the earlier beta releases of iCUE, but some update broke it and it's been bugging me ever since!)

Yea, those numbers are kinda pointless and silly.

bind macro on left button

bind multiple actions on one button to run macro with switch profile without losing click function

most games hold right click to aim

but i want to add profile switch to rapid fire while right button pressed

but current mouse driver erase right click function to makes it unable to aim with something bind on right click

or just add LUA scripting like logitech driver

if corsair cant add something like onEvent based binding system

it will remain inferior to logitech gaming gears

So, I have a Scimitar Mouse, and unlike most of the people posting here, lighting and fan control isn't my big thing. The primary reason I have this mouse is for the macro launching; it's amazing and I don't even use it for gaming!

There are two major feature requests I have on this topic. First, I would like to be able to expand the macro list to have more than about 8 entries on the list. Maybe not by default, but an expanded option that has it fill the window would be fantastic.

Second, I would like to be able to specify a time for the delays and have it apply to all delays in the macro. Many of my macros are simply typed sequences ("To whom it may concern" and similar). I know it can be done differently with a text-based macro, but some of the esoteric software only seems to work with a traditional key sequence macro. I would like to be able to type it all in first, and then set all of the delays to 2ms or whatever is applicable.

Joey

It isn't going to happen sorry mate. Supporting those devices would just add bloat to the software and its already pretty fat as it is. They are really outdated and they just don't fit the RGB ecosystem.

It is outdated, but can still fit in the RGB ecosytem. As you can see I can customize the color of the h100i pump thru corsair link.

https://i.imgur.com/WS9xDAC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't read through all posts in this thread, so please forgive me if it was already suggested/mentioned.

I would love to have the same hardware lighting option I have for my H115i Platinum and the fans connected to my Commander Pro also for my Venegance RGB Pro memory sticks.