Corsair Community

Number Row unresponsive sometimes

ezcry4t3d

I have an older K95 RGB with the 18 macro keys. Recently (possibly since the last iCue update) the number row has intermittently stopped working.

Sometimes unplugging the keyboard briefly will fix it. Sometimes it just decides randomly to start working again. Sometimes I have to reboot to make it work.

I thought it was just old and would need to be replaced. Today when the number row quit working I plugged in a second known good keyboard.... and the number row on it won't work either. WTF, clearly not a hardware problem.

So does anyone else have this issue or know of a permanent fix?

iCue 3.22.74

• Sad 1

Same issue affecting everyone else and titled as "ESC issues, G-key problems, F1 wrong keys, etc. in the keyboard and iCUE forums. Try deleting anything you have in the Actions Library while leaving actions in the profile alone. They can always be copied back to the library at a future date. However, some of the non-G key keyboards like the K70 are reacting in unexpected ways, compared to the G keys models. Deleting the library may not work. Don't uninstall and roll back to 3.21 without understanding you will loose your profiles and have to re-import them all.

See also https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192008

I appreciate the responses.

""ESC issues, G-key problems, F1 wrong keys"

I'm not completely saying it isn't the same issue, or that they're unrelated in some way, but I don't have a problem with any of the keys in the ESC F1-12 row, it's the "`1234567890-=" row that is completely nonfunctional *sometimes*. They're not replaced by other keys, they do nothing at all. I don't see any mention of it being an intermittent issue in those other reports. To further compound it, I don't HAVE anything saved in the Actions Library. In fact, I'm between games right now and don't even have any macros programmed except for two simple ones to auto type my email address and switch browser tabs...

• Confused 1

There seem to be some different reactions between models based on the number of keys. An 18 G key board reacts differently to the 6 G key version and to the KBs with no G keys. I suspect that hints at the nature of the problem.

To further rule out the hardware, quit iCUE. Does the issue persist? Assuming no, you can try deleting the two macros. I have responded to this so many times I can’t remember what has been said in which posts. “Launch” commands still seem to be a problem in the Library or the active profile. There is no defining a macro since it can include almost any combination of keys. It’s possible your bound key is a trigger for the other issue. You can roll back to 3.21, but understand you can’t take your profiles with you. Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair and copy that Corsair folder to the desktop or some other safe place. Those are all your settings, actions, icons, etc. You can’t use them in 3.21 since they are tagged with a 3.22 stamp. However, presumably you will be able to drop them back in that Roaming folder location before running 3.23 - when the fix arrives.

• 4 weeks later...