Corsair Community

Disable Firmware Update

immortalkings

Hi Corsair Team,

I just change my peripherals to corsair to match up my PC... now i just downloaded the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) Software, now i i'm just wondering that is there any way to disable the update on the software, when ever i open or when i turned on my PC (CUE software autorun) there's a pop-up menu that i need to update my firmware, but i don't wanna update anytime soon just for some reasons, i checked the settings but there's no box there to check that don't check updates or disables automatic updates... i hope CUE Software next update would have a settings to disable firmware updates.. its so annoying.. :mad:

Regards,

Your loyal Customer

:cool:

• 2 months later...

Yes come on guys this is a no brainer! Auto updates are extremely annoying! I'm sure you've heard the saying "if its not broke, dont fix it"... A setting to disable updates is standard practice. Last time I updated to get rid of annoying popup it bricked my keyboard for 4 months until yall could fix CUE.

Please add this setting in the next release because this IS broken!

this has been suggested before here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=796998&postcount=92

tried to block CUE from updating by using firewall block but end up with 100% cpu utilization on 1 core... still waiting for option to disable update checks.

but.. would you update to a new version that would break just so that u can disable auto updating? :confused:

• 7 months later...

Just spent 3 days trying to fix my K70 rgb which CUE update broke. My PC is running windows 10.

I updated to lastest version Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.16.42.

After this update my lighting profile in the keyboard went to default lightning. The cue software wouldn’t open, I could see it in the toolbar but clicking it with mouse did nothing.

I tried uninstalling CUE a hundred times, unplugging keyboard into different usb ports etc.

When installed on another pc (windows 8) that never had CUE installed before, the CUE software would open, but would say no device connected no matter what I did, even though keyboard input was working. (also had the right usb port connected to an usb 3.0 port – the one with keyboard icon)

Long story short the solution on both PC was to delete CUE, delete everything in %appdate%/Corsair, install a previous version of CUE (Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.15.36)

So now I obviously don’t ever want to update CUE, and now I find out u cant even disable the update check. Way to go Corsair, making dollars on people bricking their keyboard with your updates coming out. Fix it.

• 1 year later...
Optimally we always want you to update to the latest CUE version as well as update all FW because there are constantly new features being added in addition to a multitude of fixes on both hardware and software.

To be more specific: "because there are constantly new features being added" ... Direct from the mouth of Corsair.

I don't want your new features, that you are constantly adding. So far I have not seen anything new added that was worth the annoying popup, or my time in updating. And since my headphones work perfectly, there is NOTHING YOU ARE FIXING! At least not for me, thus, I should be able to disable the updates. No?

My headphones work perfectly, and the only negative aspect of my headphones so far, is the annoying popup notification about an update being available, that I can not disable. It is the single biggest blemish on an otherwise perfect product. If I was ever asked by a friend if I would recommend these headphones (Corsair Gaming VOID|RGB), I would likely say "No!", just because of your constant annoying update notification.

You really want to add a "New Feature" that a lot of people are looking forward to? Add the option to disable the updates already! For crying out loud. People who want updates, can get updates, and people who don't, wont have to put up with you wagging your finger in their face every time they turn around.

Yes I know I necro'ed the crap out of this post, and so help me, if I can find any others pertaining to the lack of an option to disable updates, I will do the same there. I registered just to post about this issue as it's an option that almost every other developer includes in their software, unless they are somehow trying to take advantage of their users (read shady practices.)

Great Product + Bad Business = Mediocre At Best. Treat your users right!

Archived