Corsair Community

Windows keeps changing speaker setup

krmxps

I have the HS1 and the Veng. 1500 headsets which i love but I've had a problem with the software and windows. I used the virtual 7.1 for awhile but have recently switched to Dolby headphone mode. Now to enable Pro Logic I have to go to windows speaker set up and select 5.1 which works and it becomes enabled, but every time I reboot my PC windows goes back to 7.1. Not the biggest deal in the world just a pain to have to re-enable 5.1 in windows speaker setup every time. Anybody have any clues as to why this is occurring?

Dolby Pro Logic is an upsampling mode. It takes stereo or 5.1 and makes it 7.1 channel output. It really should have no effect on 7.1 source material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Pro_Logic#Dolby_Pro_Logic_IIx

Ram Guy is correct. There is no real shortcut to do this. Every time you disable any of those modes like Dolby you have to reset the channel output. his is Windows doing mostly. But I should point out that the 1.0 driver did not suffer this annoying issues.

Look on the left for the link to "HS1 Setup Files" to grab the 1.0 version if you like. But it may not work with the 1500s. Some have posted screenshots of the control panel while using a 1500, yet oddly enough some report that the HS1 drivers will not install with the 1500s. If you try, please tell us if it works for you. (You can always reinstall the 1.1 drivers if the 1500s will not work with the 1.0 driver.)

Archived