Corsair Community

A SYNC it feature missing from ICUE?

rene mauricio

[ame]

[/ame]

"..with a push of a button, start a movie and disable all of the LEDs simultaneously..."

I am not sure I am seeing this feature within ICUE. Is this feature some how tied to launching an application? It looked like James hit the "Alt" key on the demo to perform that action. What I would personally love is if I could remap the light dimmer button on my keyboard and have it be the button that turns all the lights off. Heck, it would even be extra sweet if instead of an on/off toggle, it could also dim all the lights like it does on the keyboard.

[edit]

I tried to replicate the video by making a new Launch Application action. Sadly, under "Start Lighting", only "None" was available no matter how many Lighting Effects I had saved in or out of the Library.

• 1 month later...

You have to tie it to an application? That is a bit of a hassle since some of my media comes from the Netflix app, Hulu app or from my web browser.

What I am proposing would be that the dimmer switch on the keyboard itself also dims the rest of the lights.

You have to tie it to an application? That is a bit of a hassle since some of my media comes from the Netflix app, Hulu app or from my web browser.

What I am proposing would be that the dimmer switch on the keyboard itself also dims the rest of the lights.

See WhiskyLima's suggest. You can associate a profile with a macro that you run from any key on your keyboard.

Hum, that should be a thing. Maybe as an additional option, since not everyone might want that.

• Corsair Employee

Which is why you'd create a custom profile that kills the lights and sets the fans to zero rpm or quiet mode. You can easily assign it to a single button press or as suggested, tie it to an application so it'd do it automatically if you start up VLC or some other media player.

I personally use a dedicated profile button on my mouse to toggle between a "video" profile and my usual gaming profile.

Archived