Corsair Community

Hydro X not detected in iCUE

TheRiseArrow

Hi everyone,

I've a problem with the iCUE link with my Hydo X devices (XD5, XC5 and XG5). I chained as indicated the 3 devices for the RGB then I connected them on my Commander Pro to manage the LEDs.

Unfortunately my Commander Pro can't recognize them. While he manages to recognize the fans (LED and pin) ant the pin of the pump (I can control the speed of my pump).

I have updated my software and the Corsair Pro framework.

I have the same problem with a Lighting Node Pro.

Needless to say that I have selected in the setting of the lighting "Hydro X Series" then the combination "1 kit / pump / res" + "1 Block GPU" + "1 Block CPU". Combination which corresponds to my RGB chain connection.

Would anyone have a solution to help me please? I'm a bit desperate, I left on this range for RGB control via iCUE and it's a shame that it does not work.

Thank you in advance.

(Sorry for my english, i try to do my best.)

We can’t see your set-up. If you are sure on your wiring, then you need to look at the iCUE settings. It seems a bit strange for nothing to be in the Lighting panel after setting up the Hydro X in Set-up. Can you post a picture of the Lighting Channel with the Hydro X components?

Everything looks to be configured properly. A couple of things to try to narrow down the issue.

First, switch the channels on the Commander Pro. Put the fans on channel 1 and the HydroX on Channel 2.

Second, if that doesn't work, try switching the order of the devices and how they are connected. Since they run in series, if one of them isn't working, it'll take the entire chain out. Note that this is a troubleshooting step, not a fix.

From the looks of it, the CoPro isn't delivering power - that'd be my guess, at least, since the fans are working. And that's the most likely point of failure (1 device vs. 3 devices). We can verify that if you either have a multimeter or a Lighting Node Pro.

If you have a LNP, put the LNP in and configure that for HydroX (It'll work). If the lights come one, then it's definitely the CoPro.

The fan motors are on the 12V rail while the lighting is on the 5V rail. And the lighting for the fans is powered separately from the RGB Fan LED Hub. So it's perfectly feasable (and I've seen this before) for the CoPro to have a blown fuse and not supply power for the LEDs but still provide the control signal for the fans.

You mentioned that you had the same result with the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro)? How, exactly, are the HydroX components connected? Can you show us the connection to the NoPro/CoPro? Do you have any adapters for powering the devices, say a molex to sata adapter?

Did you connect them directly with the 3 pin female connector? Something else? I'd ask for a photo of the connection.

It's quite odd to have all 3 devices dead on RGB. 1 ... perhaps. Two is stretching it. Three is like getting hit on the head with a meteorite. It's possible but it's really unlikely.