Corsair Community

Issues with 750D motherboard try (msi x570)

OfXaos

My issue is when I upgraded from my old z97 mobo and intel chipset to my x570 and amd ryzen 7 3800x the msi x570 has two different m.2 slots. One that’s going to be covered by the gpu and one lower down. Now I’m understanding that to fully utilize my m.2 drive I need to install it on the top m.2 slot where the MSI heatsink is suppose to screw in. However where there should be a stand-off Corsairs 750D’s case just has a “post” where a standoff should be for the screw. I’ve only owned this Corsair case (aside from my silverstone TJ07 but it’s in pieces and looking at the tj07’s mobo tray it has a normal standoff that will allow for a screw to be put on that way the m.2 heatsink that came with my motherboard will fasten securely.

Unless I cut the little “nub” off and try to thread it (which could probably be more harm than good. I’m wondering if all Corsair cases are like this? The m.2 installs fine. But the metal heatsink that came with my msi motherboard will only screw down on the left side. The right side is (middle of the mobo) the hole there is filled with a metal nub that won’t allow for anything to fit over without actually cutting off the darn thing. Has anyone else had this problem? I need a new case and I do love Corsair. But I don’t want to run into this same motherboard tray problem. While the m.2 drive works I make sure to keep a close eye on the temps as my Samsung 970 EVO m.2 kept shutting off due to overheating and I want my crucial m.2 drive to last. Any thoughts??

The picture with the orange circle is the screw slot that the 750D motherboard tray doesn’t have a normal standoff to be screwed down. It just has a peg or little piece of metal that fits in the hole which makes mounting the head shield impossible.

5B25D6AF-8955-4F17-8E4D-C932B9A59A80.jpeg.9b4dcdd6f540ec4e9aa7cfffe969779d.jpeg

• Corsair Employee

Hello OfXaos,

Most if not all of our cases has that little "post" instead of a standoff, it is there to make it easy to install the other motherboard screws without the motherboard moving. Let me doublecheck if we have any cases without it.

I cant find any photos of the heatsink for the M.2 for that motherboard though, from what I understand that is installed with a screw that would be were the "post" in our cases are?