Corsair Community

H150i PRO flashing red & high CPU temps

Ceolmor

Is my new H150i Pro DOA or is there an easy fix?

On initial boot up of my new PC build the led lights on the pump head are flashing red and whilst in the BIOS the CPU (i9-9900K) quickly increases to 90c. The "CPU fan" speed in the BIOS is reading 0.

I've tightened the 4 bolts holding the pump to the CPU, checked all the cables, replaced the SATA power cable and put the USB lead in a different header. The little 3 pin lead is attached to the CPU_FAN header as instructed. However, the same thing happens each time I boot up, except I switch off the PC before it gets to 90c.

Having read these forums, my best guess is that the pump is not working. Does anyone have any other ideas, or do I need to return the H150i Pro for a replacement?

Edited by Ceolmor

If fans are spinning at lights are on, then it is getting power from the SATA line. Everything else points toward a defective pump (CPU fan zero, continually escalating temps). I would return it to the vendor as defective and get a replacement. This is not a common for Pro coolers. If the vendor has unfriendly return policies or is otherwise uncooperative, you can also do it through Corsair and the Ticket Support System in the menu above. Edited by c-attack

Many thanks for the reply. I will return it for a replacement and report back that, hopefully, it has resolved the problem. I purchased it from Amazon.co.uk, less than a week ago, because their returns policy is usually very good.

Received the replacement H150i Pro today. Fitted it exactly as I had the previous one and everything works. No red led flashing and no high CPU temps. Just the trickle sound of the water pump, which I didn't have before.

Received the replacement H150i Pro today. Fitted it exactly as I had the previous one and everything works. No red led flashing and no high CPU temps. Just the trickle sound of the water pump, which I didn't have before.
Awesome. This means the pump is running. Enjoy your cooler! :)