Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

I have manually set iCue and the three corsair services to high priority as you suggested. Yesterday I was able to play RE2 and CSGO for hours with no flat lining/freezing. I did not use any third party software. I will continue to test to see if this is a valid workaround. Was everything set to high priority when yours started freezing again? If so, that is disappointing. This thread is more than 6 months old. It is starting to seem like Corsair doesn't care or is incapable of resolving this issue.

Yeah it's a bit odd, restarting it as allowed the workaround to work again. Everything is set to high using prio however, maybe I just used my PC a tad to quickly.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, i made a custom exe for icue that automatically sets high priority to those processes, maybe it's not the most elegant way to do it but surely the quickest one. Just disable iCUE autostart in the settings and then set the auto start for the custom EXE in this way:

To add an app to Startup:

- Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.

- Right-click the app, select More, and then select Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved.

- With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R, type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.

- Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.

if you don't trust to download the .zip file here is the script i used:

START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE Launcher.exe" [/HIGH]

TIMEOUT 5

wmic process where 'name="Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe"' CALL setpriority "high priority"

wmic process where 'name="Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe"' CALL setpriority "high priority"

wmic process where 'name="Corsair.Service.exe"' CALL setpriority "high priority"

iCUE_modified.zip

Edited by Bahamut___

Setting the Corsair services to high priority sadly doesn't fix it for me. It seems to reduce the frequency somewhat, but the iCue crashes/disconnects are still happening, especially when Steam is running (starting and exiting Steam a couple of times will always trigger it).

The only workaround that works 100% for my H115i RGB Platinum is to disable iCue from autostart and set it's service to manual start and only start iCue manually when I need to change anything about the pump or fan profiles.

It is my understanding that the iCue application needs to be running in order to control your system.
It doesn't seem so. My H115i RGB Platinum appears to remember the pump and fan profile as well as the hardware lighting setup (on the cooler and the RGB lighting node pro) when iCue isn't running (unless iCue crashes and restarts the service and thus causes the USB disconnect/reconnect which resets it to default). It persists on shutdown and everything. The fans ramp up properly as set and so on.

Software lighting requires iCue to be running, though (but there may also be a workaround for that - one of the older iCue versions I tested to see if the disconnects go away would save any software LED profiles to Hardware be it on purpose or not, so you could even keep those), and perhaps some other iCue features I'm not using. Then again, it might be different for other devices.

Edited by Glzmo

So after spending three hours trying to figure out why my PC wouldn't sleep on its own anymore Ive discovered it is ICue that is somehow stopping my monitor from going into low power mode and the computer from sleeping unless I manually put it to sleep.

Anyone else have this issue? Going to try and go back to the last version and see if that helps.

EDIT: So after digging around the forums after realizing it was something to do, or conflicting with Ique. I found a post where uninstalling Steelseries Engine solved the problem.

So I am back to a functioning sleep mode with Ique running. Guess I need to get a corsair mouse next...

Edited by EndGame

I can confirm that iCUE's fan speed and graphs only freeze when using a custom fan curve. I have been using the 'Quiet' preset for a week or so now and haven't had to restart the iCUE service since. This is okay as a temporary solution, but annoying to have to use a built in profile which goes to 100% fan speed when my H115i temp reaches 40 degrees C...

So after spending three hours trying to figure out why my PC wouldn't sleep on its own anymore Ive discovered it is ICue that is somehow stopping my monitor from going into low power mode and the computer from sleeping unless I manually put it to sleep.

Anyone else have this issue? Going to try and go back to the last version and see if that helps.

EDIT: So after digging around the forums after realizing it was something to do, or conflicting with Ique. I found a post where uninstalling Steelseries Engine solved the problem.

So I am back to a functioning sleep mode with Ique running. Guess I need to get a corsair mouse next...

I have an issue like this and have sleuthed around for weeks. I'm 99% sure it's related to logitech gaming controller services/driver. Specifically my racing wheel. Do you by chance use one?

icue is a nightmare, set it to boot manually lol

also, go into invidia control center, click on 3d settings, find the apps tab, find icue, set it to lower resolution. if it flickers like mine did unlesss you do that, icue was messing your setup in the same way.

My solution is to use ProcessLasso and always leave at least one core free while assigning CPU affinity to hungry apps such as video encoders or so.

That way iCUE and the system always have enough CPU resources to stay smooth.

Since then I never had an issue with iCUE.

My solution is to use ProcessLasso and always leave at least one core free while assigning CPU affinity to hungry apps such as video encoders or so.

That way iCUE and the system always have enough CPU resources to stay smooth.

Since then I never had an issue with iCUE.

Would you whip up a tutorial for this mate? I'm still having issues with iCue, it is still doing it now with all the high priority stuff etc etc.

Just a small FYI; it doesn't seem to be necessary to set all three processes to high prio. Only the actual corsair service seems to need this. I haven't noticed any differences with the other two services set to high prio. It probably doesn't harm anything either, but it's easier to just set one service to high prio instead of 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a small FYI; it doesn't seem to be necessary to set all three processes to high prio. Only the actual corsair service seems to need this. I haven't noticed any differences with the other two services set to high prio. It probably doesn't harm anything either, but it's easier to just set one service to high prio instead of 3.

I tried setting all of them to high priority and that didn't fix it. I just said **** it and completely removed the USB cable that goes to the waterblock and plugged the fans into my Commander Pro instead. $50 says no more iCue freezing... only downside is you can't control the pump speed anymore (not that it matters anyway), and you can't change the color of the LED (black electrical tape saves the day), but no more freezing! #worth.

Side note: Corsair, when you have 3-4 other cables coming out of the waterblock, why in the hell didn't you just run the USB cable with those instead of making us install a dumbass right angle mini-USB? Who even uses mini-USB anymore for literally anything? :wtfeh:

:headbang2

Edited by evilwoodchuck

I tried setting all of them to high priority and that didn't fix it. I just said **** it and completely removed the USB cable that goes to the waterblock and plugged the fans into my Commander Pro instead. $50 says no more iCue freezing... only downside is you can't control the pump speed anymore (not that it matters anyway), and you can't change the color of the LED (black electrical tape saves the day), but no more freezing! #worth.

Side note: Corsair, when you have 3-4 other cables coming out of the waterblock, why in the hell didn't you just run the USB cable with those instead of making us install a dumbass right angle mini-USB? Who even uses mini-USB anymore for literally anything? :wtfeh:

:headbang2

Confirm after a day with no freezing, this method works. Ditch that stupid USB cable!

Edited by evilwoodchuck