Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

Same problem... When gaming (Battlefield V) or rendering or running prime 95, pretty much anything that generates some heat iCUE flatlines and I have to kill it's service in task manager for it to work again. Sometimes I have to do this 5 or 6 times a night while gaming and nearly always when I am rendering something. Version 3.11.114

Corsair please fix this, I love the temps on my delidded 8700k on full load (around 65°C) but this is making me just want to do a custom loop as it's aggravating as all heck.

Exactly the same, delidded 8700k.

I don't really want to see my CPU temps goes higher than 70°C.

Fix this ASAP please.

I have h115i + 3x LL120 + 1x LL140.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another desperate bump here!

Running the H115i Cooler and I saved the static light and cooling profile to the cooler, but the Corsair Service hang still breaks everything.

Found my CPU at boiling temps when iCUE crashed at the start of a gaming session, running some expensive hardware with faith in the ever failing iCUE Software.. Is there any update from Corsair with regards to the issue? This thread is 11 pages long and going strong, they're losing clients due to the crappy software.

I have a suggestion to resolve the issue a bit faster though.. Since corsair ain't responding we can maybe head over to the Linus tech tips forums and make ourselves heard over there? It's worth a shot.. We can reference this thread and hear if there's anyone else that has the issue..

This is literally my fear with this bug, I just got a 2700X build off the ground and this is a bug that could potentially kill a system. Corsair support is trying to get me to RMA my hardware, claiming that's somehow the issue, despite me sending them links to multiple threads with people with the same issue.

Personally I'm going to buy a different cooler that doesn't rely on software that's written by folks who can't troubleshoot their own code.

I don't blame anyone else who is as frustrated as me about this bug, the response time on this issue is really unacceptable. Will not be buying cooling products from Corsair in the future.

Is there a way to make it so I can use the 7.1 surround sound option for my Void Pro without using iCue? This problem is really turning me away from this software (even though it's quite well built, I just can't stand the freezing) I would much rather prefer to use Corsair Link 4 for my temperature controls but I can't control the temps on Link while iCue is installed. Is there a work around for this? Just specifically for the surround sound for my headphones?

I'm still having the freezing issues. I Registered to the forum for this reason because it's really annoying me... I tried everything and i couldn't make it to work. basically the Corsair iCue software stops monitoring, and having a custom fan curve for my cooler (h100i v2) leave the fan speed stuck at a certain %. Had some issues With my M65 Pro RGB as well a couple of times when it wasn't even detected in the software and couldn't change any setting. If i try to restart the iCUE service thru the settings window, i get an error (look at the screenshot) but the software starts monitoring again, then works for 5 minutes and freezes again.

Log.zip

screenshot.thumb.png.f7e60411f21b2e0b8801342f52eba2ca.png

Edited by Bahamut___

Are we gonna get an update on this?

I've got a new one that's being RMA'd to me now, if we don't have a response soon, I'm gonna sell it and buy a competitor's cooler. This is beyond ridiculous that we've been waiting on a fix for this for a month at this point.

Really failing the accord on this one guys, at least let us know what the heck is going on. No news is not good news.

The best thing i've found that solved my problem was to remove all other programs that also monitor your PCs temps and other hardware. My main issue was the EVGA software for my GPU. Removed that and reinstalled iCue and I haven't had an issue since.

Seems like the software conflicts and causes the iCue service to give up.

Updating from previous response.

Still getting flat graphs, iCue service is freezing as others have stated. Restarting the service can help but the freezing is completely random and I am struggling to replicate this. It can happen when the PC is on idle, using the internet/Word documents or during heavy load games.

This is ridiculous and personally I want a refund at this point, we've had zero interaction with any Corsair staff and as a once huge advocate for their products, how can anyone rate them well with such a massive flaw in their software.

*Edit:- We had interaction at the start of this thread but once they realized it got out of hands they ignored us.

Restarting the service is barely a workaround as if this happens in the middle of gaming, who knows how high temps could reach before you notice or worse the CPU overheats.

Edited by BrewMyTeabag
Correcting myself*

Updating from previous response.

Still getting flat graphs, iCue service is freezing as others have stated. Restarting the service can help but the freezing is completely random and I am struggling to replicate this. It can happen when the PC is on idle, using the internet/Word documents or during heavy load games.

This is ridiculous and personally I want a refund at this point, we've had zero interaction with any Corsair staff and as a once huge advocate for their products, how can anyone rate them well with such a massive flaw in their software.

*Edit:- We had interaction at the start of this thread but once they realized it got out of hands they ignored us.

Restarting the service is barely a workaround as if this happens in the middle of gaming, who knows how high temps could reach before you notice or worse the CPU overheats.

THAT IS EXACTLY TRUE! I have the same issue and also waiting so long for an update. unbelivebal that this is not getting fixed. its such a big error and they dont care? like it was with the other error, when the driver was not signed. it took them 3 months. never buying corsair again.

Fix that freezing issue corsair, you can dmage our expensive hardware if you didnt already

Update released for iCue today, no mention of a fix for the cooler issues.

Well?? We're waiting!

Honestly, I've given up at this point. Disabled iCue and allowed the bios to take control. At least this doesn't freeze and I know my temps are safe. Just won't respond in the way it should.

Honestly, I've given up at this point. Disabled iCue and allowed the bios to take control. At least this doesn't freeze and I know my temps are safe. Just won't respond in the way it should.

That's what I was doing, but at this point I am so frustrated with the lack of response on this that I have reverted to the stock Ryzen 7 cooler.

For comparison's sake, are your rad fans being operated off MOBO headers, or the pump's fan headers? I was having mine run off the mobo, just curious how your work-around is configured for my own reference

I am downloading the update right now and will see over the course of a few hours of gameplay if I am still having this issue. I am sincerely hoping corsair has gotten their software engineers on the issue but I am a pessimist and highly doubt they have.

That's what I was doing, but at this point I am so frustrated with the lack of response on this that I have reverted to the stock Ryzen 7 cooler.

For comparison's sake, are your rad fans being operated off MOBO headers, or the pump's fan headers? I was having mine run off the mobo, just curious how your work-around is configured for my own reference

My H80i pump is connected to the CPU header and the two fans are connected too system 2 and 3 fans. BIOS controls them as normal and is doing quite well.

After a gaming session on R6 the CPU temp is around 35c and comes down quickly according to cams.

remember that you can download corsair link instead of this program till the problem is resolved, just pointing that out. It's literally been months lol.. at-least corsair link doesn't freeze but I'm without my 7.1 surround sound :/

Corsair link is not a valid alternative in my case, my M65 mouse is not supported, plus the software doesn't allow to create custom fan curve for the cooler... :sigh!:

Reinstalled everything..

Formatted PC and installed everything from scratch..

Went back to link + CUE software and everything worked great! Then it had an update..

Sitting with this crap iCUE once again.. Came back to my PC just now after a hour and all my iCUE shows is flat lines.. My PC didn't do anything, yet corsair service stopped responding..

All and all I must say the new iCUE software is for sure better than the corsair support service, these people ain't helping us at all

So recently I have done a complete reinstall of Link, iCue and my EVGA software and so far it is all working correctly. I do however, have the three services set to high on my PC and using software called Prio, this is done automatically.

So far, no flatlining and no restarts have been required. I'd suggest everyone sees if this works or if my side is lucky for some reason.

bcce8749abb581e1d2bb9dfe359bc2ec.png.4e6d23f76766e23fd41038606bb7e118.png

So recently I have done a complete reinstall of Link, iCue and my EVGA software and so far it is all working correctly. I do however, have the three services set to high on my PC and using software called Prio, this is done automatically.

So far, no flatlining and no restarts have been required. I'd suggest everyone sees if this works or if my side is lucky for some reason.

EDIT: Started PC up and instant flat line graphs. Wonderful.

I have manually set iCue and the three corsair services to high priority as you suggested. Yesterday I was able to play RE2 and CSGO for hours with no flat lining/freezing. I did not use any third party software. I will continue to test to see if this is a valid workaround. Was everything set to high priority when yours started freezing again? If so, that is disappointing. This thread is more than 6 months old. It is starting to seem like Corsair doesn't care or is incapable of resolving this issue.

After i play FC New Dawn, i need close ICUE by Taskmanager and need restart cause my Software is bugging / freezing and my controlbuttons on my headset didnt work. i need restart icue then all works fine. i got this problem this time only by new far cry new dawn. if another software or programm got this problem i dont know :(