Corsair Community

iCue has no setting to switch from multi rail to single rail AX1200i

Years ago I changed my 1200i to multi rail and forgot about it till now and I need to change it to single rail but it does not show in iCue, I installed iCue first and then Corsair Link and the option to change it is not in iCue and in Corsair Link it says iCue is controlling the settings. I have installed the latest versions today and the Link dongle.

2qqxk0dp6af69qr6g.jpg

There was a post some months back with another user complaining of the same thing -- missing switch where it should be. I am trying to track it down and don't remember the ultimate resolution. In Link, the OCP and rail settings are in the main PSU device panel, not the settings. No reason to be running both these programs at once. iCUE will supersede anything Link attempts when both are installed. iCUE is the replacement for Link.

The only other suggestion I have at this time is to 1) Quit iCUE, then 2) Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming/Corsair/iCUE and delete the OCP config file. 3) Relaunch. However, since you have already deleted iCUE, you can try to find the similar file within Link or uninstall Link and do a fresh install of iCUE.

Edited by c-attack

I tried an older version of Corsair Link version 3.2.5742 and the setting to change the multi rails is sort of there but I didnt want to try anything without first asking here, the first picture below shows you can select individual OCP settings and untick a box to disable multi rail mode but is this what im looking for but why not just a single enable/disable multi rail? The second picture shows that the Corsair link USB dongle is version 0.9 so I was wondering if updating the dongle would help with using the current version of Corsair Link or iCue? Ive had this PC since Windows 7 and im looking for Corsair Link version 2.11 to see if it is different but I cant find it so far, does anyone have a link or a google drive download of it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bFp-EoASbRA7RRA_XxRh1NPewxFpV_uk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXKMDpUvg-mAIwGS0tamyDs_lb1XSfQU/view?usp=sharing

Oh my... it took me a minute to process where I knew that silver screen from. Rolling back to a version of Link from 4 years ago is not likely to help. I do think the the sliders in the picture above are the same as those in the iCUE version and represent specific rail OCP toggles -- not the master switch we are looking for. I also find it concerning it is not in the Link version of the software either. Also, this is not a commonly reported error. I can only remember it coming up one other time and I having trouble finding that thread still. There are a lot of "i" PSUs out there. I would expect to see more if it was a software issue and I don't like that both iCUE and Link (which are different programs) have the same issue. This makes me wonder if the problem is hardware based. I would contact Corsair through the Ticker Support System in the link at the top of the page.

To the best of my knowledge, that version of the dongle software is the latest. Also, the software sees the PSU. Any kind of USB issue would cause it to be there or not be there, not selectively target some aspect of the software UI. You can disconnect the USB and reconnect (common step for AXi issues), but I suspect you've done that before.

Side note: I can't tell if that is a Pro or Platinum cooler you have. I can see why you might prefer Link for a PSU/cooler combo and no peripherals or RGB fans. However, I would recommend you come into the last several years of software. 4.8.3 or the 4.9.x version on the website. Also, if that is a Platinum cooler, then you must use iCUE and that will automatically prevent Link from accessing either device. My faded memory of this missing post is that user was also trying to use Link and iCUE at the same time on the PSU. I wonder if that is not a coincidence. I will try and get a link for 4.8.3.

4.8.3 was the last of the Link versions that did not get into conflict with other monitoring tools (at that time). However, it will pre-date your Pro or Platinum cooler thus limiting its usefulness. the link is below, but I would suggest either the last 4.9 Link for a Pro cooler or iCUE for the Platinum.

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.8.3.8.zip

Edited by c-attack

<snip>

There was a post some months back with another user complaining of the same thing -- missing switch where it should be. I am trying to track it down and don't remember the ultimate resolution.

<snip>

That thread - Icue making pc turn off psu referring to single/multi-rail issue which never had a posted resolution; last thing (a month ago) the user was going to contact Corsair support.

@3LegCat (OP), you might try sending a PM to CLAUDIOLDN to see how he got on.

That thread - Icue making pc turn off psu referring to single/multi-rail issue which never had a posted resolution; last thing (a month ago) the user was going to contact Corsair support.

@3LegCat (OP), you might try sending a PM to CLAUDIOLDN to see how he got on.

THAT"S IT! Wow, you know it's been a long month when you're thinking that thread was 6 months ago. Thx Blaise.

Thanks c-attack and BlaiseP its been a busy week so sorry for the long reply, I contacted Corsair and they couldn't replicate the same problem with an AX1200i power supply and I have been trying different versions of iCue and Link with no good results but here's something odd, I tried my Corsair USB Link dongle in another PC with a HX1000i and the HX1000i does not show up in iCue but the Corsair keyboard and CPU water cooler does so I tested the cable that plugs into the dongle and power supply and continuity is fine so maybe the dongle part is faulty.... is there a way to check if the dongle is working as it should? I dont mind opening it and testing it but for now I have not as it looks like I have to semi break it to open it.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any update on this?

Talking to who as the problem, have you checked if in Windows, Device Manager list you have a yellow warning on the component "Corsair USBxp Driver" ?

I do, and i think this is causing the USB dongle connected to the PSU to not start when PC is on (no red/green led on it)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found something:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE\ocp\ocpsettings (no file extention)

First off the AppData folder is a hidden folder. So select View "hidden items" in Windows explorer so you can get to this location.

Secondly, like you guys, I do not have the setting to set Single vs. Multi rail in iCUE. But that file for Over Current Protection has the following XML entry:

<cereal_class_version>300</cereal_class_version>

<isMultiRail>true</isMultiRail>

<channels size="dynamic">

I am assuming this will flip you back to single rail if you change this to "false" on isMultiRail.

I'll try it out today and test my AX1200i with the setting both ways with my 3090 to see if I get the power tripped any more and come back to tell you what I find.

• 2 years later...