Corsair Community

Icue 3.22.74

Inovactio

I'm using the last version of ICUE 3.22.74 and i have and issue with my keyboard (K70 RGB MK.2).

When i used the esc key on my keyboard, it makes the normal action of the esc key, however it makes a right click.

I tried to use my keyboard my the software shut down, and it acts normally( don't make the right click input ).

There's no macro setup on the software.

I'm having a very similar issue. My escape key is performing the escape function, but also opening a new Chrome browser window.

In my default iCUE profile, I have a macro key on my Scimitar set to open a new browser window, I'm not sure if that's related.

As noted in the linked thread, some of the non-G key keyboards and mice show different behavior. If you can’t make it stop through eliminating your actions, you may have to roll back to 3.21 or live with it until the next version.

What's the safest way to roll back without jeopardizing my profiles?

Quit iCUE.

Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming and cut and paste the “Corsair” folder into an empty folder on the desktop or any safe place and label it iCUE 3.22.74. These are all your profiles and settings.

If you didn’t cut the Corsair folder, delete it now then uninstall iCUE 3.22 from the normal Windows Settings menu. Install 3.21. You will be a blank slate with no settings or profiles. Only create what you need - minimal effort. When 3.23 comes soon with a fix, you will be able (hopefully) to uninstall 3.21, install 3.23, then drop the 3.22 settings folder into 3.23 before launch. It will up-convert older settings, but you can’t go backwards.

One way to guard against this trap is to make and save a copy of that Roaming/Corsair folder before upgrading iCUE on each version. Keep it around until the subsequent version is released. This allows you to roll back and drop in the settings as if you never took the upgrade.

Edited by c-attack

Same issue as OP.

It's absolutely not anything to do with profiles, actions, etc.

It's their software and it's changing how "chattering" / "contact bouncing" is being processed, or somehow through a bug simulating its own.

Half of my number keys, and F# keys, experience this issue, only while iCUE is running, and only on the most recent version.

Rolling back fixes it.

I should not need to do this kinda troubleshooting/testing ...

I found THIS, and it finally fixed my issues!

Basically, reinstall (the newest version of) iCue from absolute scratch...

Uninstall

Delete Folders

Delete Registry Items

Reboot

Install from scratch.

For what it's worth, my issues were of the keyboard kind...

Specifically, my K95 Platinum would start macros (set to G keys) by typing random keys (normally the F keys or Esc key).

I'm back up and running all of my macros/actions with the G keys, and my other keys (F keys, etc.) are behaving as normal. Huzzah!