Corsair Community

Ticket 6085778

BatJoe

Well they got the RMA out fast, but I have been hit with a brokerage fee of $ 27.05 CAD.

Explain to me why should I have to pay when, by law, you cannot charge such fees to Canada for warranty based RMA replacements. When I spoke to UPS they said there was nothing they could do and that Corsair did not fill out the correct information to make the package exempt for the charges.

And on top of that, the prepaid shipping label that Corsair was suppose to email me to send back the item I am replacing was never sent to me.

What a joke of a service. So there are two ways Corsair can fix this. Refund me $27.05 and actually send me my prepaid shipping label. If not, then you aren't getting my old unit back and you can take your hold off my credit card.

Not having any luck with the replacement.

After running the new unit for a couple days I have found it also has an issue. The pump makes very loud noises due to it not reaching the correct power level/speed. Using Corsair Link when I start my computer up it only runs at 800-900RPM. After a while, or if I restart my computer sometimes I can get lucky and the pump will work normal in the 2000-2100RPM range and produce no noise. This never happened on my old unit.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry about that I would double check the power connection to be sure it is just not loose. And I have contacted our customer service and asked them to arrange another RMA at our expense. I would suggest you call them by phone to work out the details.

I did double check the power and it all looks good, so something is wrong with the unit. It is still randomly making noises and it is due to the pump not reaching the correct power/speed level.

I have already sent back my original unit. I spoke with a lady on the phone today from Corsair who said they would send me another unit and a prepaid shipping label to send back the bad replacement unit.

Thank you for letting me know and did they issue a new RMA Number or tell you to use 6085778?

I gave her my existing number. I explained the replacement was bad and that I had already sent back my original unit. She did not mention a new number to use. Should she have?

All she said was that they would send out another unit today and I would be emailed a tracking number and that I would also be emailed a prepaid shipping label.

EDIT: Spoke with someone at Corsair again and they said it was done under the existing ticket #. I am to call back tomorrow to get my tracking number on the new unit as it will not be sent automatically like before. They said my new replacement should be sent out today.

Thanks for the information, I have asked our customer service to get the unit you return to me for further testing

I will let you know when I send it out. My new replacement is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am hoping it works out well!

Archived