Corsair Community

Corsair fan control question

rx7dude

Hello,

I am looking at buying the AF140 red led fans (2018 model and up) to replace my generic case fans. Here are the ones I am looking to buy. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/AF-LED-Low-Noise-Cooling-Fan/p/CO-9050086-WW

In the tech specs it states these are not PWM controllable fans. However, can I still adjust their speed through my Aorus motherboard's BIOS? Or will they be fixed to 100% the whole time?

Thank you!

No, they will be voltage controllable from 7-12v which is usually around 550-1100 rpm. Nearly all motherboard headers are DC/PWM selectable, except on the most inexpensive budget platforms. Be aware LED function is tied to power delivery, so 7v is not as bright as 12v.

No, they will be voltage controllable from 7-12v which is usually around 550-1100 rpm. Nearly all motherboard headers are DC/PWM selectable, except on the most inexpensive budget platforms. Be aware LED function is tied to power delivery, so 7v is not as bright as 12v.

Ah I understand. Guess I'll purchase the ML140 pro's then. Thank you for the help friend!