Corsair Community

Need help with understanding iCUE Dashboard

Henry R

I`m confused with the area of the Dashboard that shows the fans and fan speeds of the motherboard and the liquid cooler. I `m pretty sure that both of them are referring to the 2 fans that are on my H115i CPU cooler radiator.

What I don`t understand is why does the motherboard show the fan speeds at around 3900 RPM, (is this combining the 2 fans speeds together?) and the H115i show the fans around 600 RPM? Am I looking at this wrong, or do I have something connected wrong with the cooler at the motherboard?

Also what is the pump fan speed on the H115i in the Dashboard? Is this the small fan that is inside the cooler`s block at the CPU? This fan is at 1951 RPM.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/9i501oF.png[/img]

Edited by Henry R

The only thing that the motherboard would possible report would be based on the pump speed - assuming that you have the fan connector from the pump connected to the motherboard. It looks like you do - it usually reports about 2x the pump speed. The motherboard does not report the speeds of the fans themselves if they are connected to the pump. It's not particular useful for monitoring but it does provide a failsafe in the event of pump failure - the mobo will "see" that as a 0 RPM CPU Fan speed.

As to why it is reporting 2 identical fan speeds - hard to say.