Corsair Community

I want 3080/3090 Series GPU's and I want it now

zguy85

It's killing me inside now that 3080 benchmarks are popping up. I purchased i164 earlier this year thinking the difference wouldnt be that drastic... I was wrong. Please guys, I need some emotional support from fellow 2080ti system owners! Tell me its going to be ok!

I do not own the 20 series, but maybee sell it locally online or on eBay when the new model pops. Ya you'll take a hit for sure to your wallet, or just stick with it until the 4000 series. I felt the same way when I got the 1080gtx and then 5 months later the first of the TI'S 1080TI popped with around 25 percent increased perfeformance. I felt the same. Now gonna step 2 gens later. Maybee just wait for the 4000. 2080ti still an amazing card. Also takes a lot less power to run so your electric bill will be lower!

Upgrading I can see it as a possibility, but you will absolutley have to upgrade the power supply to ATLEAST 750W if not there already and work out some cable management. The 3090 is too big to fit in that case without a complete overhaul so don't count on it.

Other than changes to the PSU, I can't see a reason why the 3080 would not physically work in the One. The board itself is smaller and it's unlikely the height of the VRMs is any greater than previous generations. Even a 3080 would provide a significant performance increase relative to the 2080 Ti.

It would sure be helpful to know if Corsair is even working on something - not asking them to make promises, just say yes or no if they a working on it.

I'd like to buy a i164 because the format can't be beat but I really want a 3080. Ultimately, Corsair will lose some One sales if they can't say anything.

It would sure be helpful to know if Corsair is even working on something - not asking them to make promises, just say yes or no if they a working on it.

I mean, in this very thread, 6 replies up, the Corsair rep said:

Thanks for the interest, guys! We're all super excited for the RTX 30 series cards and can't wait to see what can be done with them.

That to me says they're working on it.

Edited by Technobeard
quotes now link to the posts

I mean, in this very thread, 6 replies up, the Corsair rep said:

That to me says they're working on it.

You must be in your early 20's or younger... I read what the employee posted, and I'm old enough to realize that particular phrases are used to say something without actually saying anything. Being "excited to see what can be done with them" is a non-descript comment, and is almost spoken in the third party, because Corsair probably isn't allowed to say anything about what they actually can or can't do with the new GPU. If you were working on something and wanted to convey it, there are so many other ways to communicate something is in process... Also, when you factor in that Corsair already released waterblocks for the 3080, that means they had engineering samples, or dead board samples, or schematics before availability of the 3080 was announced - so they would already know (more or less) what can be done to make it work in the existing product line. I would bet almost anything there will be no option to upgrade to the 3080, other than to purchase new models which is also why just about every Corsair One model has now been discounted... and the i164 discount has gotten bigger in the last week or so. That implies the 3080 will only be available in a new product release.

Edited by Technobeard
fixed quote

• 4 weeks later...

If you're game enough to tinker with your current Corsair One and don't mind potentially voiding the warranty, you might be able to upgrade to a normal graphics card. You will just have to run the top fan off the motherboard instead and set your own fan curve to keep the noise levels low. But the mod could work depending on the length of the new card. I have a 2017 version of the Corsair ONE which does have a different internal design to the 2019 ixxx versions, but I have upgraded it fully (see under my username) with a blower style graphics card. The only original component now is just the liquid cooler for the CPU. And the case of course.

Now I've got my fingers and toes crossed that I can get a FE RTX 3070 and slam that boi in.

Edited by EchoSierra