Corsair Community

H100i GTX temp issues

Judd Sandage

Hello, I think there is something wrong with my H100i, a the last couple of months I have noticed the system getting rather loud during gaming and I just decided to actually look at the temps, and its getting a bit high I think, I kicked the pump up from quiet to performance and the temps went down a little, but even then like right now, sitting idle with just a few browser windows open and that's it, its sitting at upper 50's lower 60's in OCCT, and if I try to run its test, it errors out within a minute of running by hitting max temps, even kicking the fans to max doesn't seem to help, and used to be I could feel the heat coming off the top, now the air coming out is actually kinda cool. any ideas or should I RMA the unit?

its sitting at upper 50's lower 60's in OCCT

I don't have a clue what this is actually the temperature of so can't comment.

You need to attach the CL4 [Home] tab screen shot to your post so we can see all the temperatures and fan speeds.

I'm Sorry, I dident know you wanted to see the Home Tab within the corsair link software, since I was talking about OCCT.

And yes I have read other posts before posting, but as my pump seems to be working and the fans work, as well as having replaced the thermal compound twice and made sure to blow out all the dust from the rad, I thought I would ask a few questions regarding what might be the cause of the high temps outside of someone else's thread

also I have it set for Balanced for the fan profile right now.

http://i.imgur.com/PasI8eD.png

Now that you have that up, we can see the water temperature (H100i GTX Temp). The 43C water temp is a good 10-15C over your case ambient temperature and suggests some type of flow problem, most likely a partial blockage of some kind. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about and you need to RMA the cooler. The only other explanation might be if the radiator is physically blocked, so if you left a stack of books on top of the case, now is the time to move them.

RMA portal. You will need to create a Corsair Support account if you don't have one. Not the same as the forums.

As a short term solution, you might be able to tip the case a little while running or take the radiator off and give it a little shake to try and dislodge the blockage. There are two problems with this: 1) the blockage may not be movable; 2) Even if it is, it is a closed loop system and it will settle down somewhere else soon. However, this might give a couple of days of more normal temp use while the RMA is in transit. Do the advanced RMA if you to cut down on shipping time, unless you already have a back up cooling method.

Thank you for the reply, I thought there might be an issue with the cooler itself but I don't have as much experience with water cooling, even CLCs, I just kinda wanted a second opinion is all. The only backup cooling method I have is the stock CPU cooler that came with the CPU, though I don't mind an advanced exchange.

And I have done the RMA route before, had an H80i that LEDs died on, as well as its controller, maybe all related, but it would not show up in windows anymore and the fans were full on. bought the H100i to replace it and gave the H80i to a friend, I don't even know if he used it.

Archived