Corsair Community

XG7 Bending my PCB

Scruffer87

I have found another post that has mentioned their PCB bending when fitting the XG7, but I am looking for further clarity:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188020

I have re-seated my XG7 twice now, and on both occasions, the PCB bends and there is uneven gapping along the PCB edge. My GPU is a MSI 2080Ti Ventus. I will attach photos this evening:

[iNSERT IMAGE HERE]

So I have a few questions:

1: With the pre applied thermal pads that come on the XG7, are you supposed to remove the top layers of plastic film?

2: My original GPU back plate came with considerably sized thermal pads on. The XG7 back plate has none, and the installation guide does not transfer them over. Should I consider using or applying new thermal pads to the new back plate?

3: Has anyone else faced issues with their XG7?

4: Not overclocked and running 3440x1440 100hz at max load, results in temperatures of 59-62'c. Although I know this is a safe temperature, would you expect it to be slightly lower?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Hi,

1. You don't need to remove any top layers of thermal pads. You need only remove protective cover from TIM.

2. I didn't transfer any of thermal pads from my original EVGA 2080TI XC Ultra back plate.

3. I have no issues with bending or etc with my card. Only I was need to order 2 slot IO adapter plate cause mine has 3.

4. The temperatures depends on your cooling set up.

3. I have no issues with bending or etc with my card. Only I was need to order 2 slot IO adapter plate cause mine has 3.

Is there any problem with the 3 slot IO bracket ? I've just ordered a XG7 for my RTX 2080 XC Ultra which have a 3 slot bracket ... spec on the website said it was compatible ...

Is there any problem with the 3 slot IO bracket ? I've just ordered a XG7 for my RTX 2080 XC Ultra which have a 3 slot bracket ... spec on the website said it was compatible ...

Hi. It is if you mount it regular way.

But If you you want to put it vertically you need 2 slot bracket (at least on my case, 500D SE)

Edited by skyteam78

Hi. It is if you mount it regular way.

But If you you want to put it vertically you need 2 slot bracket.

Ohhhh i see , didn't think about this since i have a Thermaltake Core P3 and i have enough room to keep the 3 slot bracket even in vertical mount ! Tought there was compatibility issue with the block and the bracket at first . Thanks for answering :)

• Corsair Employee
I have found another post that has mentioned their PCB bending when fitting the XG7, but I am looking for further clarity:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188020

I have re-seated my XG7 twice now, and on both occasions, the PCB bends and there is uneven gapping along the PCB edge. My GPU is a MSI 2080Ti Ventus. I will attach photos this evening:

[iNSERT IMAGE HERE]

So I have a few questions:

1: With the pre applied thermal pads that come on the XG7, are you supposed to remove the top layers of plastic film?

2: My original GPU back plate came with considerably sized thermal pads on. The XG7 back plate has none, and the installation guide does not transfer them over. Should I consider using or applying new thermal pads to the new back plate?

3: Has anyone else faced issues with their XG7?

4: Not overclocked and running 3440x1440 100hz at max load, results in temperatures of 59-62'c. Although I know this is a safe temperature, would you expect it to be slightly lower?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Hi!

1. There is no removable layer on the pre applied thermal pads.

2. No need to transfer or add thermal pads to the XG7 backplate.

3. Please update with pictures and we'll check.

4. Depends on the cooling system. If possible please provide a coolant temperature readout or a full description of your custom loop.