Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB - SATA3 not working

sectorix

Hi,

got me the "refreshed" SSD of serial begining with #1131, and updated to firmware 1.3.2. which appears to have solved the BSODs i had but who knows at this point.

i tried running the SSD on 2 diffrent SATA3 controllers with no success, its detected but i get Read Error when i try to boot up from it.

it works in SATA2 though.

any thoughts or resolutions ? im about to RMA this thing tomorrow with the supplier since i cant solve it :\

Barry.

I have #1132 batch, didnt work on sata3, updated to 1.32 firmware and changed to sata3 cable (2 pieces of sata3/6Gbit cables was included with my motherboard).

Older firmware versions and old sata cable, drive did work on sata2 ports but not in sata3.

So try another sata cable if you havent try that already?

Hi,

got me the "refreshed" SSD of serial begining with #1131, and updated to firmware 1.3.2. which appears to have solved the BSODs i had but who knows at this point.

i tried running the SSD on 2 diffrent SATA3 controllers with no success, its detected but i get Read Error when i try to boot up from it.

it works in SATA2 though.

any thoughts or resolutions ? im about to RMA this thing tomorrow with the supplier since i cant solve it :\

Barry.

Please fill in your system specifications into the dropdown menu as requested at registration. It's impossible to assist you without this information.

sectorix' board has a Marvell 9128 "SATA III" controller. You should post the driver you are using with the Marvel chipset.

That board also has the dreaded Gigabyte SATA II controller! The Marvell and Gbyte controllers use the white SATA ports, be sure to sort out which is which!

Otherwise it uses the Intel ICH10R SATA II chip, and JMicron SATA II eSATA interface.

Archived