Corsair Community

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooling block rgb not lighting up

So I just finished putting the 240mm AIO into my system, and I plugged the fans in, rgb lights in, sata as well. And the usb 2.0 cable. And I can customise the fan rgb, just not the cooling block rgb. I can assign effects to it, but I can't see them on the block itself. Both fans are spinning, and the block is cooling as well it's just the rgb on that cooling block.

Can someone help me with this problem?

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

How is the cooler sata power setup? Be sure to have the cooler directly connected to a sata power, without any adapters. If you're using an adapter, the pump head won't receive the proper voltage to power on the LEDs.

Hello,

How is the cooler sata power setup? Be sure to have the cooler directly connected to a sata power, without any adapters. If you're using an adapter, the pump head won't receive the proper voltage to power on the LEDs.

I have a cable that has like multiple ocnnecters on it, so one cable has a sata and 2 molex connectors. Is that considered an adapter?

• 8 months later...

I have found the underlying issue regarding this problem.

It looks like the RGB on the Block requires the SATA connector from the PSU to be a 5-pin connector, not a 4-pin.

The 5th pin on a SATA connector (orange wire) provides 3.3V from the PSU.

A lot of PSU manufacturer's don't specify whether their SATA is 4 or 5 pin, so you may need to check your cable and count the wires connecting to it.

So most likely you will need to replace your PSU to get this to work correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like the RGB on the Block requires the SATA connector from the PSU to be a 5-pin connector, not a 4-pin.

A lot of PSU manufacturer's don't specify whether their SATA is 4 or 5 pin, so you may need to check your cable and count the wires connecting to it.

Got straight to the route of my problem thanks! I was using some molex to sata adapters sue to the tightness of the sata psu cord and you were right, my extensions had only four wires. Bit of rejigging and volar! It’s all sorted! Thanks mate!

• Corsair Employee

It happens with PSUs that cut out wires to save cost. I would suggest a higher quality power supply from a reputable vendor.

• 2 months later...
Got straight to the route of my problem thanks! I was using some molex to sata adapters sue to the tightness of the sata psu cord and you were right, my extensions had only four wires. Bit of rejigging and volar! It’s all sorted! Thanks mate!

Hi,

I have the same issue as you. Did your device show up in the ICUE software when you launched it?

• 2 months later...
Is the Corsair RM750x Gold 750W Power Supply White sata plug compatable with the Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum SE 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler also are the sata cables on a tx550m compatable with the RM750x

• 9 months later...

HUGE thank you for this!!

I ordered a 5 pin SATA cabled for my PSU. In the meantime, I shouldn’t have an issue with connecting to the 4 pin if I can see the temperature and RPM readings for the cooler in the iCUE software right?

• 9 months later...
On 10/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, Corsair Jam said:

It happens with PSUs that cut out wires to save cost. I would suggest a higher quality power supply from a reputable vendor.

Hi, i have the same issue with the rgb block wont light up, my sata cable is a 5 pin (5 wires)- also the icue software wont show it, it show ram and case fans but no the aio.