Corsair Community

Corsair link v3.2.5742 Windows 10 Pro Insider preview issue and how I solved it.

jnx_r

I tried addressing my issue using the ticket system in Corsairs tech support portal, please read on if you're facing the same issue. This is what I posted:

==================================

Subject:-

H110i GT, Corsair link doesn't detect devices, and asks for a reboot every few seconds after system startup in Windows 10 pro [build 10576]

==================================

Description:-

I upgraded to the latest Windows 10 build last night, and Corsair link has ceased to function. I tried 2 versions.

v3.2.5695

and

v3.2.5742

Both are giving me the same issue. After installation, it requests a reboot. And after I do reboot, it tells me to restart again. The exact message I get is as follows: Corsair link has discovered new devices which require a reboot to finalize the initialization process, Click OK to reboot now, or click cancel if you would like to reboot later."

If I click ok, it reboots the system, and I get the same message after system restart. If I click cancel, the popup reappears.

This isn't the only issue though. The bigger issue is that I can't control the LED or the fan profiles like before. So I'm stuck with the same color, cannot change the fan profile from what I had set it last time.

Its a big issue as it means I cannot run the system cool enough for an OC profile.

Please respond ASAP. Thank you.

===================================

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 7:49 AM)

- Uninstall the Corsair Link software and Link USB dongle through Windows Control Panel

- Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"

- Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

- Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner

- Restart your system

- Install the new Corsair Link software

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v3.2.5742.zip

jnx_r (11/3/2015 9:33 AM)

I did that, I tried uninstalling via Revo Uninstaller, which also removes the registry additions made by Corsair link. I also tried reinstalling the OS 3 times so that I could try a clean install. I can't get it to work. It worked flawlessly in 10240, but no luck in anything after the th2 release, I am currently on build 10576.

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 9:41 AM)

If you revert back to the other build, does the issue get fixed?

jnx_r (11/3/2015 10:17 AM)

It was working fine on the other build, which means the issue didn't exist in the other build in the first place.

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 10:21 AM)

Can you try reinstalling that build first following the initial steps again to confirm?

jnx_r (11/3/2015 10:24 AM)

In any case, I did try reverting back to the older build. It worked there, so do you think I should revert to the older build and then perform a system upgrade? It would take about two more hours though. While there is a chance that such a solution may work, I want to know if there is a beta version of Corsair Link which is available right now or if any other version will be available in the near future. Maybe it fixes this issue. Its almost a week since this build came online so it should be fixed by now.

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 10:32 AM)

There is no beta version for Corsair Link right now that is available to the public, unfortunately, but I would personally use the most stable version until the next version is released.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 10:36 AM)

Okay, do you have an ETA on any new versions or is such info usually not available to you?

And have you dealt with similar issues in the past? If yes, how did you guys go about resolving it? I did read up on SIV in Corsair forums, could you help me to set things up via SIV?

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 10:43 AM)

That information is not available for release, unfortunately.

We have had issues like these before, which usually take a new version to fix, as long as your drivers/bios is updated.

SIV is not ours, I wouldn't be able to help you set it up.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 10:49 AM)

I guess that's about all the help I can get from you guys at this time, thanks anyways. Judging by the time between releases, I guess it can take anywhere from one to three months or more. So I guess I'm stuck with this problem until then. :(

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 10:52 AM)

You're not stuck with the problem, you can install the other release for now, which will have the features the new release has.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 10:56 AM)

What are you talking about? Do you mean that I should revert back to the older build of Windows 10? I don't think I will, as the newer versions have a few performance optimizations. What do you mean by the other release will have the features of the new one? I don't get it.

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 12:02 PM)

No, you should not revert back to an older build for the operating system, but should revert back to another Corsair Link version if that's what was working for you before.

I was speaking about Corsair Link when I said the version that is available now would have the same features as the next, just with compatibility improvements.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 12:44 PM)

Oh I see, and I was talking about the build of the OS all this time, because none of the versions of Corsair Link worked with the new build of OS ie) 10576, sorry for getting everything confused. Well I do have some good news though, I have fixed the issue by doing exactly what I said in my previous message, it me a bit took more than two hours though. So from now you can help other users to use this solution for the time being until a better solution is conceived.

I reverted back to the older version of the OS, ie) 10240, and then installed Corsair Link, and ensured that it was working fine. I then performed an upgrade from within the OS and opted to keep my apps and files. As I booted into the new OS for the first time, I was surprised to find that this had actually fixed my issue.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 12:47 PM)

This is the fix for the Corsair Link issue on H110i GT. May work for other products too.

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 12:49 PM)

Well, thanks for that; I do not think we can recommend this as a full time fix, however.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 1:02 PM)

Yes, that's right, its a pain to reinstall Windows a handful of times, especially if you're not running an SSD. But, on second thought it may help someone like me who's just looking for more information.

Technical Support Rep (11/3/2015 1:07 PM)

True, we can suggest that. You have a good rest of your day.

jnx_r (11/3/2015 1:35 PM)

Thanks mate, wish you the same!

Hoping this would help someone.

Untitled.thumb.png.8c9f1cceaf047ea5a6714198b198a4fa.png

You could also have fixed this by doing the Registry fix.

It seems this latest build of Corsair Link, isn't saving the registry edits needed to detect the USB devices.

When you manually edit the registry and reboot, all devices are detected and no more requests to reboot.

Matt

It seems this latest build of Corsair Link, isn't saving the registry edits needed to detect the USB devices.

When you manually edit the registry and reboot, all devices are detected and no more requests to reboot.

Matt

Well, I had no idea. Could you make a short guide with some pictures? Would come in handy when I install it on another system. Certainly will be helpful to others who are in the same situation as well.

I wonder why Corsair tech support didn't direct me to the registry fix, maybe they're unaware of this?

Matt

I tried this to no avail. Guess I wait till they hopefully fix it.

Well, I had no idea. Could you make a short guide with some pictures? Would come in handy when I install it on another system. Certainly will be helpful to others who are in the same situation as well.

I wonder why Corsair tech support didn't direct me to the registry fix, maybe they're unaware of this?

There already is a guide on these forums, that's how I found it. It may take a bit of searching. I think it may have been for Windows 8 originally, but also works for Windows 10.

Use Regedit and browse to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\6&182a12da&0&8\DeviceParameters

You need to modify three settings:-

AllowidleIrpinD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled

Right click and modify each one. Select Decimal and change value to 0.

Restart PC

No more requests to Reboot after detecting new devices.

Matt

There already is a guide on these forums, that's how I found it. It may take a bit of searching. I think it may have been for Windows 8 originally, but also works for Windows 10.

Use Regedit and browse to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\6&182a12da&0&8\DeviceParameters

AllowidleIrpinD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

Restart PC

Matt

You're brilliant! That totally worked! Thank you.

You're brilliant! That totally worked! Thank you.

Hello to all, apart from the problems you listed ... I can not see good numbers in the boxes enclose image sensor ... ... can you help me? always with the clean install of build 10586 :( await help ... thank you very muchhttp://i64.tinypic.com/15yist5.jpg

Im running win 10 pro 10586.3 with Link version 3.2.5742

I also, I settled with the system logs to fix the problem of the new sensors etc .... but it is always the problem that you can clearly see the numbers in the boxes of the sensors ... :(

but you did a clean install of the 10586 or update?

AllowidleIrpinD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

Restart PC

Matt

thanks to your advice I settled with sensors ... but I still have the problem that you can clearly see the values strange .... ideas? thanks a lot

The registry fix solved my problem as well. Now the H100i shows up in CL and the 'other devices' reboot message is gone. led control shows up and all is well in win 10 pro 10.0.10586 build 10586

but none of you have the problem of numbers that you see strange? on two machines the same problem ...

http://i67.tinypic.com/11lpmbm.jpg[/img]

AllowidleIrpinD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

Restart PC

Matt

my registry string does not match, "5&239cd41&0&11" so i'm not going to try....

my registry string does not match, "5&239cd41&0&11" so i'm not going to try....

Not all registry numbers match and yeah this works. All your doing is modifying the numbers from 1 to 0. If it doesn't work for you oh well. If it does work then you'll be fine. You can always change it back from 0 to 1. It's harmless and easy. The string doesn't change.

I have two devices hidden in device managers "unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)".

looks like the driver is failing to load...

I suspect this is the same as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=820457 so you could try that I proposed.

You should all the Windows information to your profile.

Red-ray is correct. The drivers have not been loading correctly. And the device manager is only seeing 2 hidden devices but really it's one device. The mini commander only has one USB connection. The other who knows. Other then that you can still load the device and use it. But Corsair needs to fix the driver no doubt. But in order to do that you have to use the regedit and modify those values to 0. When is the question?

Just so your informed my rig is showing correct temps. I have AIDI64 matching up the seem temps as CL! Just thought I'd share. :sunglasse

Archived