Corsair Community

LS100 and Lighting Node Core

Parmenedes

Hi,

I've been considering getting some of the new QL RGB fans that use the lighting node core (as opposed to the lighting node pro) to replace my ML fans, and I've also had my eye on the LS100 light strips. As I'd like to replace my old lighting node pro light strips inside my computer with the ls100 since it looks far superior from what I've seen, I'm wondering if I can fully utilize them with the lighting node core. I realize they don't work so well with the old lighting node pros due to power constraints (and possibly software constraints) and would prefer not to have to use a separate power dongle since these would be going inside my computer, so I thought I'd ask here if those work ok.

I'll also just chime in and say that I'd love to see something akin to the ls100 using the awesome capellix led's that's designed for use inside a computer.

Connecting the LS100 strips to the Lighting Node Core isn't supported. Not in the least.

Can it work? It can. There are power limitations (naturally) and you'd need to have an adapter as the LS100 strips use the 3-pin strip-style connector while the NoCo uses the 4-pin fan-style connector. See here for the power usage: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191905. With a NoCo, you have a budget of 4.5A and some of that (~200mA) would be required for the microcontroller.

You'd also have to configure the strips as fans - in your case, as QL fans - based on the total LED count. Some effects would be weird.

Ok, thanks for the info, Biker! That was just what I wanted to know. I'm hoping we'll see something that looks as cool as the ls100 designed to work inside the computer at some point soon. Also, is that Dr. Strangelove in your avatar pic?