Corsair Community

After almost a year, loving it! Anyone tried some modding yet?

intoth3rainbow

Hey guys, long term lurker, first time poster here :)

Just wanna give some reviews of the Corsair One Pro (7700K 1080 GTX):

1) PSU: I was quite hesitated at first because of the 400W PSU (will it be enough?). Turned out I have never had a single problem with it! I cranked up the GTX 1080 a little bit for some demanding games every once in a while without any problem.

2) Cooling and Silence: I've never really noticed any problem with the noise. I think I once heard the buzz noise before (when I first installed hackintosh on it) but I don't really care much. The system run much cooler and much more silent than my previous custom air-cool build.

3) Stable: superb. I can't really recall a single crash so far! I dual booting OS X (for work) and Windows 10 (for gaming) without any problem.

4) Upgradability: this, to be honest, seems like the weakest point of the Corsair One. For me, coming from a mac user: at least Corsair is using standard hardware that can be changed lol! (just quite hard to do so). But the super small form factor + 2-year full warranty is really worth it.

5) Modding: have anyone tried to mod the Corsair One in anyway? Some RGB or custom pain / skin maybe? I have tried to look around a bit but have never seen anyone doing anything yet. I personally want to paint the whole thing white one day.

Anyway, here are some photos I took recently of my home setup:

https://imgur.com/a/PDSY1BR

The physical look is very classy, and actually I changed everything on my desk to fit in with that - black with blue LED trim lighting works very well for me. But that's a personal choice :D:

In terms of modding… I did look at adding a second hard-drive. The space/connectors are there. But, aside from just adding to the coolness that is the One Pro, I don't need it, lol.

Temps and performance are really great so I haven't even thought about changing anything to do with the cpu. Adding more ram was another thought, but I haven't yet run into a situation where lack of ram has been a problem.

I could see why some people would want to make changes or mod the One they have, but... I can't find anything I want (need) to change.

So, that was no help to you, :laughing:

• Corsair Employee
Hey guys, long term lurker, first time poster here :)

Just wanna give some reviews of the Corsair One Pro (7700K 1080 GTX):

1) PSU: I was quite hesitated at first because of the 400W PSU (will it be enough?). Turned out I have never had a single problem with it! I cranked up the GTX 1080 a little bit for some demanding games every once in a while without any problem.

2) Cooling and Silence: I've never really noticed any problem with the noise. I think I once heard the buzz noise before (when I first installed hackintosh on it) but I don't really care much. The system run much cooler and much more silent than my previous custom air-cool build.

3) Stable: superb. I can't really recall a single crash so far! I dual booting OS X (for work) and Windows 10 (for gaming) without any problem.

4) Upgradability: this, to be honest, seems like the weakest point of the Corsair One. For me, coming from a mac user: at least Corsair is using standard hardware that can be changed lol! (just quite hard to do so). But the super small form factor + 2-year full warranty is really worth it.

5) Modding: have anyone tried to mod the Corsair One in anyway? Some RGB or custom pain / skin maybe? I have tried to look around a bit but have never seen anyone doing anything yet. I personally want to paint the whole thing white one day.

Anyway, here are some photos I took recently of my home setup:

https://imgur.com/a/PDSY1BR

This is impressive! And yes, most of what you have stated above are true.

In term of modding, I have re-soldered RGB LEDs on my CORSAIR ONE and attached it to our LNP so I have an RGB CORSAIR ONE. :biggrin: Unfortunately, I won't be sharing the 'how-to' because I can't share something that can lead you to void your warranty.

In term of modding, I have re-soldered RGB LEDs on my CORSAIR ONE and attached it to our LNP so I have an RGB CORSAIR ONE. :biggrin: Unfortunately, I won't be sharing the 'how-to' because I can't share something that can lead you to void your warranty.

not cool, arghhh

Please share some final photos at least :D

Archived