Corsair Community

1080 version - Display flickering/video loss w/ long DP cables

mnetting

I wanted to check in to see if anyone here is using longer displayport cables with their 1080 (non-ti) or 1070 Corsair One, and if they are do they have any flickering or intermittent loss of video.

I'm talking about 10, 15, or 20ft cables here when I say long with 6ft or shorter cables working without issue. My thought is that the PCI Express extender plus the additional cables used to route the signal from the GPU to the back of the case on the Corsair One are inducing signal issues when a longer cable is used.

The cables I'm using are known good as I've had them connected to the same monitor with other systems I've been using that are leveraging direct connections to 1080 and 1080 TI GPU's.

I'm also wondering if the 1080 version of the Corsair One is impacted by the PCI Express extender issue found in the 1080 TI version. Is there a serial number range to check or the like?

Anyway let me know what your experience is like, if it's something you can reproduce, if there are particular cables that worked for you, etc. I would like to move the computer further away from me as the pump noise bothers me and to do that I need it to work with a longer cable. Thanks in advance.

Archived