Corsair Community

H100i Pro RGB Best Pump and Fan Settings

djwakz

Hi Guys,

I got a new H100i Pro RGB installed on this whole new PC build with an i7 9700K (still running at stock). I was searching what are the best settings for the fan and pump on ICUE.

I think I got everything installed correct as I have read. Pump is connected on the CPU fan header with it set at full speed.

I got my cpu temp idling at 38C and go up to 60C-70C at full load. Currently both fans and pump are left at Quiet for their performance. What are your settings?

Maybe fan settings would be too much as it would be different for each one of us. But regarding for the pump, where do guys have it set?

I hope you guys can share your settings here. TIA

Hi bud... as far as pump speeds.. on both my h115i plat and h1150i pro.. Balanced is enough for most general uses. in the highs of summer (UK my self) and a heavy gaming session. yeah maybe extreme will show slightly lower temps. but mostly.. Balanced is enough.. was pretty much the same situation when i had the h100i v2 in play

@Zotty, thanks for the quick reply.

alright, i`ll set the pump at balanced. How about the fans, do I keep them at their Quiet settings or is it best to do some custom settings and play around the fan curve?

:)

You have to do what works for you man.. my self on different machines. i have both static rpm and/or curves.. of late i am enjoying static rpm and just have a different profile with higher rpm's when gaming etc. on my 1000d when i had the h115i in there i tended to run 650rpm for general usage and up it to 1000rpm when gaming...

Because coolant temperature is so strongly influenced by room/case temperature, most people are better off creating their own fan curves on the cooler. The presets are based off a 20-23C room temp. In a cold Winter room, you may wonder why the fans never change speed. On a warm Mediterranean afternoon, you may wonder why the fans are blasting from the moment you turn it on. Since the expected coolant temp change is only 5-8C depending on CPU wattage and cooler size, you need your baseline to be accurate and that also means it may move around seasonally. Ambient temperature (or specifically case internal ambient) is the lowest possible coolant temp with no additional heat from the CPU. So if the room is 28C, you can’t get your coolant any lower than that. Most people average about 4-7C over the room temp, depending on hardware and layout.

It’s not as complicated as it sounds. Power on, do normal stuff for 10 min. Look at the coolant temp. This your desktop idle. Set the fans to a quiet level for that temp. Leave yourself some leeway and then slowly start ramping the fans up about 3C further down the line. You don’t need them react if the room temp goes up by 1C. Figure out your normal peak coolant temp when doing your normal load. It will probably be about +8C. Set the fans to a tolerable level at that temp. 1500 on 120s is about my limit, but that is up to you. Save the last point or two on the graph for some out of bounds reactions. Something like 45C or 50C = 2000+ rpm serves as a clear warning if things get out of control. You won’t be staring at the coolant temp when gaming full screen. You will hear that.