Corsair Community

Corsair Link bug message, strange numbers and LED/fans not showing

Giovani

Hi, so I am new here, usually I just find a post with the same problem of mine and it is enough, but I didn't find any, so I hope someone could help me here...

So, I am using a H100i, the problem is that when I install the Corsair Link it sends a message: "Corsair Link has discorevered new devices which require reboot to finalize the initialization process. Click OK to reboot now, or click Cancel if you would like to reboot later."

But if I reboot, the same message will show up again and again, if I press Cancel it keeps showing up too, also you can see that there is something strange in the numbers of the Link...

http://i.imgur.com/VfFZLtr.jpg?1

The LED and the fans configuration are not showing up too. This problem came when I installed the new Windows 10 build 10565, but since it does not shows a message or anything saying that it is indeed a compability problem I don't know if it is, the other devices are working normal... Saw other posts talking about Corsair Link in Windows 10, but these had a message saying that it was indeed a compability problem, I also tried the method that they used to fix their issues with incompability but didn't work for me.

If I only could change the LED colors would be a big step, I would connect the fans to the mobo and control them by there, but I need to change the LED colors first.

I accept any kind of help. =)

Corsair Dustin knows about this issue which I reported for Windows 10 TH2 Build 10547 on 24-Sep-2015. As far as I know it's a logged issue, but I do not know if there is a fix. I still get the issue on my TH2 Build 10565 system, but as I don't use CL to control my CL hardware this is not big deal for me.

I have now posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=822047 which specifies how to fix this.

Corsair Dustin knows about this issue which I reported for Windows 10 TH2 Build 10547 on 24-Sep-2015. As far as I know it's a logged issue, but I do not know if there is a fix. I still get the issue on my TH2 Build 10565 system, but as I don't use CL to control my CL hardware this is not big deal for me.

Do you know if there is any way to change the LED colors on my H100i without the CL?

Sorry, I didn't check your software before, but now I am using it. This is actually better than the Corsair Link! Thanks!

I am happy to hear that. Does SIV report all your ASUS Maximus VII Formula motherboard EC sensors? If not I suspect it would be almost trivial to add them if you tested a Beta release for me. Basically are there any sensors AIDA64 or HWiNFO report the SIV does not?

I think it is. This is how it looks

Thank you. The EC temperature is correct, but I guessed the incorrect scaling regime for the voltages and they are 64 times too large. When I have fixed it would you like to test a SIV Beta with the fix?

BTW I find .PNG works better than .JPG for screen shots.

Thank you. The EC temperature is correct, but I guessed the incorrect scaling regime for the voltages and they are 64 times too large. When I have fixed it would you like to test a SIV Beta with the fix?

BTW I find .PNG works better then .JPG for screen shots.

Sure, I would. No problem, I will post in .png next time then =)

Sure, I would. No problem

Thank you. Please try SIV 5.05 Beta-04 or later and to get the beta do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta.

In addition to the initial screen press the blob to the left of EC to get the EC debug screen and post that as well. Pressing Alt/PrtSc just captures the current window.

Thank you. Please try SIV 5.05 Beta-04 or later and to get the beta do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta.

In addition to the initial screen press the blob to the left of EC to get the EC debug screen and post that as well. Pressing Alt/PrtSc just captures the current window.

Sorry for the late, was dining, here you go, Normal and Beta:

http://i.imgur.com/b2LWMc1.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/77uLK2C.png?1

Looks like it's ok now, right?

Looks like it's ok now, right?

Thank you for testing it and all the voltages look to now be correct. Are they correct on the initial screen? If you hover over the EC there is a Tool Tip.

Only one set of voltages should be reported on the EC debug screen, but reporting them twice is harmless and I have fixed it for Beta-05, once I upload it the Beta-04 will tell you.

Thank you for testing it and all the voltages look to now be correct. Are they correct on the initial screen? If you hover over the EC there is a Tool Tip.

Only one set of voltages should be reported on the EC debug screen, but reporting them twice is harmless and I have fixed it for Beta-05, once I upload it the Beta-04 will tell you.

Guess they are ok.

http://i.imgur.com/93fzYct.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Tried to locate different thread regarding this issue with corsair link, so basically if I'm understood correctly corsair link will not work on windows 10, and there is no fix for it??

We can use another similar software which is siv64?

I have two pair of 110i GT pump. One is for cpu and another one is for gpu.

I had also issue with my Asus Rampage V Extreme, Socket-2011-3 mobo (lack of usb port on it) and I was forced to order a internal usb expansion.

Anw. right now i have that stupid message telling me I need restart and if I'm ignoring that, on screen I don't have possibility to adjust any fan's, or pump.

And you know what, that is kind pissing me off (sorry for my french).

I invested in 750 airflow edition, I had one regular 110 older pump which I CAN'T use because hoses was to short (thx Corsair for misleading information where you telling us "you can use any pump to cool down your gpu as well..Guess what: we can't use any).

So, 750 airflow edition, two 110gtx and corsair link is not working, not patch/fix..FU!!!

Hi, so I am new here, usually I just find a post with the same problem of mine and it is enough, but I didn't find any, so I hope someone could help me here...

So, I am using a H100i, the problem is that when I install the Corsair Link it sends a message: "Corsair Link has discorevered new devices which require reboot to finalize the initialization process. Click OK to reboot now, or click Cancel if you would like to reboot later."

But if I reboot, the same message will show up again and again, if I press Cancel it keeps showing up too, also you can see that there is something strange in the numbers of the Link...

http://i.imgur.com/VfFZLtr.jpg?1

The LED and the fans configuration are not showing up too. This problem came when I installed the new Windows 10 build 10565, but since it does not shows a message or anything saying that it is indeed a compability problem I don't know if it is, the other devices are working normal... Saw other posts talking about Corsair Link in Windows 10, but these had a message saying that it was indeed a compability problem, I also tried the method that they used to fix their issues with incompability but didn't work for me.

If I only could change the LED colors would be a big step, I would connect the fans to the mobo and control them by there, but I need to change the LED colors first.

I accept any kind of help. =)

Just uninstall everything Corsair link for now! I did by going through my enitre regedit. Cleaned it all up until Corsair and Windows 10 finds a fix.

Just uninstall everything Corsair link for now! I did by going through my enitre regedit. Cleaned it all up until Corsair and Windows 10 finds a fix.

Same as mine.

I have windows 10 build 10586.3

Can't see regulation for both pump, can't adjust it to silent mode..nothing..

More info.

Two of usb which is coming from corsair link (pump) it seems not working..

Tried to uninstall, install, update..nothing helped.

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/usb2.jpeg

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/usb.jpeg

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/usb3.jpeg

More info.

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/usb2.jpeg

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/usb.jpeg

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/usb3.jpeg

You need to go into your windows registry and find everything and anything Corsair link and delete it. This current software is not working for many I've seen and read earlier this morning. I know Corsairs is working on a fix with Microsoft. It's like the current software is beta software. LMAO!!

More info.

You seem to have H/W and S/W issues. What I would do is:

1. Stop CL from starting when the system boots.
  2. Use Device manager to uninstall the two problem devices
  3. Shutdown the system for 2 minutes
  4. Power it back up
  5. See what Device Manager reports.
  6. Check what my SIV [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] panels report.
  7. If SIV reports OK try CL again.

You seem to have H/W and S/W issues. What I would do is:

1. Stop CL from starting when the system boots.
  2. Use Device manager to uninstall the two problem devices
  3. Shutdown the system for 2 minutes
  4. Power it back up
  5. See what Device Manager reports.
  6. Check what my SIV [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] panels report.
  7. If SIV reports OK try CL again.

That's good idea but why would the consumer have to DL SIV in the first place? What if the consumer doesn't want to use the SIV software? Like me for example. I have no intentions of using the SIV. Fix the issue on your end with Microsoft. Not all average users know the first idea how to use that stuff. Average users and consumers just want the software they purchase to work accordingly. And ATM CL isn't working with my system but all my other software seems to be working just fine.

No offense to you, but the SIV thing is beyond me as a consumer spending money on a product that's not working because of a Windows 10 update. This is so upsetting. I'm really pissed. First Corsair couldn't even get my order to me on time because of shipping issues at their hub. No my fault! Now I can't even get the CL to work as it's installed correctly.

What's the fix for this right and when we will be able to get a patch or something to take care of this problem?

That's good idea but why would the consumer have to DL SIV in the first place? What if the consumer doesn't want to use the SIV software? Like me for example. I have no intentions of using the SIV. Fix the issue on your end with Microsoft. Not all average users know the first idea how to use that stuff. Average users and consumers just want the software they purchase to work accordingly. And ATM CL isn't working with my system but all my other software seems to be working just fine.

No offense to you, but the SIV thing is beyond me as a consumer spending money on a product that's not working because of a Windows 10 update. This is so upsetting. I'm really pissed. First Corsair couldn't even get my order to me on time because of shipping issues at their hub. No my fault! Now I can't even get the CL to work as it's installed correctly.

What's the fix for this right and when we will be able to get a patch or something to take care of this problem?

What you seem to be saying is that I should not even try and help others. Why?

I simply stated what I would do and I was not even replyng to you.

Given what you have said and having now looked at other posts you have made I would prefer that you do not use SIV.

Archived