Corsair Community

A warm thank you from a friend of Yellowbeard

I was a friend of Mike Clements for nearly 20 years, and his passing sent a shock through all of his friends, online and IRL. He lived his life happy with his friends and companions, and would want us to hold a beer high for him, and then carry on knowing his wind was at our sails.

I was also amazed that (I believe) the CEO of Corsair, who personally hired mike, made time to be at his funeral this afternoon, and delivered a heart felt and uplifting eulogy. This shows not only how strong that Mike was able to make his friendship bonds, but also how a company truly cares about their employees. I would have thanked this man personally for his kind words to one of my best friends, but I will certainly give any business that I can to a company that cares that much about their people.

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, the sun lost a bit of its splendor this week.

I really can't grasp that the guy who posted here almost daily and helped me out with my problems - who seemed like such a calm and nice guy even while taking unfair criticism by some customers - passed away.. Best wishes to friends and family. :(

I was a friend of Mike Clements for nearly 20 years, and his passing sent a shock through all of his friends, online and IRL. He lived his life happy with his friends and companions, and would want us to hold a beer high for him, and then carry on knowing his wind was at our sails.

I was also amazed that (I believe) the CEO of Corsair, who personally hired mike, made time to be at his funeral this afternoon, and delivered a heart felt and uplifting eulogy. This shows not only how strong that Mike was able to make his friendship bonds, but also how a company truly cares about their employees. I would have thanked this man personally for his kind words to one of my best friends, but I will certainly give any business that I can to a company that cares that much about their people.

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, the sun lost a bit of its splendor this week.

I too am a friend of Mike's, and was at the memorial service, and was very surprised that Mr. John Beekley himself was there and delivered a very moving and heartfelt tribute to Mike's life. Mike's passing was sudden and tragic, but Mr. Beekley's sincere words were timely and comforting and took a great deal of courage to deliver, and for that he has my eternal thanks and gratitude. I now understand Mike's great pride and devotion to his career with Corsair. To see a company that cares this much about their employees is truly amazing.

I have often purchased Corsair products, largely because of Mike, and while I know full well it was not Mr. Beekley's intent to advertise for his company, Corsair now has a customer for life in me.

For those who would like to read the full tribute to Mike: http://chateaubeeks.com/2014/12/16/the-ballad-of-yellowbeard/

Archived