Corsair Community

H115i Pro not seating all the way.

LAone

PYjXhkf

https://imgur.com/gallery/PYjXhkf

So I was testing fitting the pump/heatsink so I know exactly how I'm gonna fit everything and upon taking it off, I noticed that the heat sink didn't sit flush, as you can see in the picture, that's how it seated with the stock thermal paste. I rechecked everything and made sure everything was seated and achieved the same exact results.

Will this expand when running? Room I'm working in is 22c at the moment.

Appreciate the help.

Edited by LAone
Adding picture

PYjXhkf

https://imgur.com/gallery/PYjXhkf

So I was testing fitting the pump/heatsink so I know exactly how I'm gonna fit everything and upon taking it off, I noticed that the heat sink didn't sit flush, as you can see in the picture, that's how it seated with the stock thermal paste. I rechecked everything and made sure everything was seated and achieved the same exact results.

Will this expand when running? Room I'm working in is 22c at the moment.

Appreciate the help.

I suspect that you are worrying about nothing...

I have exactly the same mobo / cooler / CPU combination and it all works perfectly.

I suspect that you are worrying about nothing...

I have exactly the same mobo / cooler / CPU combination and it all works perfectly.

It's been 6 years since my last build, and it's a bit different, thanks for the reply.

It's been 6 years since my last build, and it's a bit different, thanks for the reply.

Using the Balanced cooler profile, at idle, my coolant temperature is 5C above room temperature, which are 20C/25C whilst typing this post. I've never seen it above 35C even during stress tests. Note that I take in cool air from the case front and have a push/pull fan configuration.

If you are seeing similar results, then your installation most be OK :biggrin:

It's fine. The core CPU is under the middle. You just don't have paste one the very edges. It will likely expand to cover but it's not really that critical as most heat transfer is in the middle.

If you want, clean off the stock paste and use your own. The typically recommendation is a lentil-sized dot in the middle. You'll get about the same spread, with some of the edges not having thermal paste. Again, it's OK. DO NOT take the recommendation of The Verge and mix thermal pastes or use a whole lot. More is not better.