Corsair Community

DooMSandro

Good day everybody,

I own a H150i Pro with 3x LL120 Corsair fans

Everything is connected correctly, but I have the problem that I can not control the fans.

In the iCUE you can set the temperature only to a maximum of 60 ° C, but my temperature always fluctuates at about 30-60 ° C.

This means that if I set the fan to about 20-40% at 20-40 ° C and 100% at 60 ° C turn the fans persist to the maximum high and directly down again, if, for example, quickly open an application and the Temperature rises for a short time!

Choosing a different sensor is of no use, as the temperature of the other components usually remains constant and the fans usually rotate at the same speed.

However, the fan speed should be based on the temperature of the processor, so that the fans know when they have more and less to cool!

icue20kj4.png

With the Commander PRO you can set everything perfectly and it goes up to 100 ° C.

icue22gjoh.png

I have also tried to set the fan speed in the BIOS, but it does not work there via PWM / DC! When I change something, nothing happens! I think, because iCUE overwrites the settings, it does not do anything to adjust anything in the BIOS.

I tested both PWM and DC.

So I have no choice but to set my H150i PRO to "Quiet", "Balanced" or "Intensive", which is very annoying, as the fans will continue to spin at the same speed and not adjust to the temperature as it should be!

Is there, if necessary, a solution or even better, an update, so you can adjust its water cooler to 100 ° C?

Otherwise, this water cooler would be useless, if you can not adjust / use properly, or not?

Greetings,

DS

Choosing a different sensor is of no use, as the temperature of the other components usually remains constant and the fans usually rotate at the same speed.

However, the fan speed should be based on the temperature of the processor, so that the fans know when they have more and less to cool!

This is where you went wrong. The fans do not cool the CPU. They help dissipate heat from the coolant stream. The CPU is cooled because heat is conducted away from it via the cold plate. The coolant transports the heat to the radiator. Radiator and fans blow it somewhere else. As long as you keep moving heat out of the coolant stream, it does not negatively affect the processor. For most people, a slow to moderate fan speed is all you need.

Of course if it was that simple, we would all have 8 ft tall radiators and run 9.0 GHz overclocks. The limitation for everyone is the heat is created on the pin side of the CPU and it must pass through the CPU to go somewhere else. Your Vcore voltage is the primary determinant of how hot your processor gets and there is a point where the CPU is instantly too hot no matter what kind of cooling device is in use. This is why extreme overclockers use liquid nitrogen to pre-cool the CPU socket to sub zero temperatures. They shift the starting point lower since they cannot prevent the voltage from causing extreme temperature rise.

Don't use CPU package temp. All it does is make your fans race up and down without purpose. CPU coolant temperature (H150i Temp) is the proper variable. When the coolant temp goes up+1C, that is also +1C to the CPU. Coolant temp = Minimum possible CPU temp with zero voltage. On a 7700K (even when running higher clocks), you don't have a lot of wattage to get rid of and coolant temp changes are likely to be in the 4-8C range for most uses. That is a small range, but it also means you don't need large fan speeds. Medium fan speed is all you need and the +1C rule also works in reverse. Making the fans run 200 rpm faster to reduce the coolant by -1C, will only reduce the CPU by the same -1C. It often is not worth it terms of noise.

Set your fans to comfortable levels. Create your own curves. Don't use the presets. Your room and case temp is the strongest factor in the resulting coolant temperature. You will need to adjust the curves seasonally. What works just fine in Winter, is probably too loud in Summer. You can blast the fans all you want, but if the room temp is 25C, the coolant will never be any lower. In reality, there the lowest possible coolant temp is usually going to be about +3-4C above room temperature.

Wow thank you for this statement!

Of course, everything makes more sense now.

So it does not help to turn the fans faster, because the cooling depends on the coolant and the room temperature, right?

And should I leave the pump on balance or intensive?

With Intensiv, the pump works harder and the recusal of the cooling water is higher, right?

Does it bring something, because the pump works more?

I have set the percentage extra to 40 ° C, because I would like to tell a negative pressure in my case, say, the warm air should be sucked like a chimney at the top of the case.

My Settings now:

icuenewnrkp4.png

Greetings!

You can keep the pump on the medium speed (balanciert). Faster pump speeds means more trips from block to radiator and back, but also means the water is in the radiator channel for less time and may or may not release as much heat. Easy answer it rarely matters for AIO coolers with short tubing runs and low to medium restriction. If you have a complex loop with many parts and turns, then pressure is much more important.

While there is little difference in performance between Balanciert and Intensiv, note the much slower Leise (1100 rpm) pump speed will have a noticeable impact on load temps. It is fine for quiet desktop work, but you probably run 5-8C hotter than normal at moderate load. So, the reverse is true — there is a fall off point where flow rate or pump head pressure does have a negative impact.

Your curve looks fine to me. You can always make slight adjustments over time. Usually fans have a specific speed when they become noticeable and I usually try to stay one step below that.

Archived