Corsair Community

Corsair Link doesn't show memory details

darkinners

I am using Corsair LINK 4.9.4.28 and Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB kit (16GBx4 CMD64GX4M4C3000C15)

As attached screenshot, Corsair link doesn't show the memory details in memory box. I never had this problem before (I was using i7 7700k and Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard), the box show full details of the memory spec

and temp

I upgraded the CPU and Motherboard (i9 7940X and Asus PRIME X299 Deluxe)

Then Corsair Link no longer showing the memory speed and temp.

I tried to uninstall Corsair link and reboot computer and reinstall Corsair link again but didn't help..

Any solution?

attachment.php?attachmentid=31905&d=1514615727

corsairlink.thumb.PNG.2e3508baa7aab568d6ac62c5977ea6b9.PNG

Corsair is on holiday this week so they've had a pretty limited presence on the forums. I'm sure that they'll be able to reply after the new year.

Question: besides not showing the current values, is there any functionality that's missing? I, honestly, don't know if these are RGB LEDs or not.

• Corsair Employee

Just so I'm clear:

1. You're using the same Dominator Platinum kit you used on your i7-7700K system.

2. Corsair Link was able to display the timings and temperature data of that kit on your i7-7700K system.

3. Corsair Link is not displaying timings, temperature data, or even the memory at all on your new i9-7940X system.

Did you do an in place upgrade to the new platform (i.e. just moved the SSD over and let Windows sort it out), or did you do a clean installation of Windows?

Just so I'm clear:

1. You're using the same Dominator Platinum kit you used on your i7-7700K system.

2. Corsair Link was able to display the timings and temperature data of that kit on your i7-7700K system.

3. Corsair Link is not displaying timings, temperature data, or even the memory at all on your new i9-7940X system.

Did you do an in place upgrade to the new platform (i.e. just moved the SSD over and let Windows sort it out), or did you do a clean installation of Windows?

Hi Dustin

1. yes

2. yes

3. partly yes, Corsair Link doesn't display the timins and temperature data and how many memories I installed but as the screenshot shows, it recognize the memory modules part number.

I did clean install the Windows 10 Pro 64bit and made sure all latest drivers are installed.

So I think I found what causing this problem.

I am using Asus Prime X299-Deluxe Motherboard which bundle with a Thunderbolt3 EX add in card. (I intend to use it and this is why I choose this motherboard)

When I disable the thunderbolt 3 in BIOS

It works!

attachment.php?attachmentid=31943&stc=1&d=1515167423

If I enable it, it doesn't work

attachment.php?attachmentid=31944&stc=1&d=1515167423

I understand this probably not Corsair's fault, since CPU-Z behave the same.

But any one here or Corsair team heard anything about this issue and know any way to solve it without disabling the Thunderbolt3?

disable_Thunderbolt3EX.thumb.PNG.aaa85be9976905feb9ed9354a57d4a60.PNG

enable_thunderbolt3EX.thumb.PNG.e52f66e701b85b6fdd7a0c580c950bf0.PNG

That is absolutely bizarre. And it's consistent? You enable Thunderbolt, the DRAM disappears from Link? You disable it, the DRAM's back?

yes, it's 100% repeatable. and I did a little digging over the internet about this issue, apparently it's has couple of people having the same issue and it's unsolved.

- if you enable thunderbolt 3 in BIOS, memories detail not showing in Corsair Link and other programs that reads the memory timing.

- if you disable thunderbolt 3 in bios, everything works as it suppose to.

I contacted ASUS support and no response from them yet..

• 2 months later...

Archived