Corsair Community

Random Video lag/stutter caused by iCUE

cYpherL0K

I decided to sign up on this terrible companies site, just to join the collection of individuals in this issue.

Get your SH** together, Corsair.

In my short lifetime with Corsair products of two years at most, I have gone through:

-Two Corsair KEYBOARDS

-A MOUSE

-Constant random ticks and blips from the keyboard LEDs still to this day

-RAM LEDs are laggy and fall out of sync almost instantly from turning on PC

-Had MULTIPLE emails to Corsair purposely ignored until *surprise* my 30 days was up before they responded and tried to use the 30 day clause, which turned into a year long email battle just to get a simple exchange on CORSAIR RAM for another style & spec......

Now your iCUE program is killing my FPS in all my games.

Less than a week ago I unplugged the monitor cables to move the screen, and plugged it all back in... It did not occur to me that around the same time that day, I also updated iCUE.

I went from a gaming PC of constant 144hz/fps, to sickening 30-130fps constant spiking around.

I came to the conclusion that I thought my DisplayPort cable had the fabled "20pin" and killed my gtx1070 video card after the reconnecting, so I REPLACED THE DP CABLE, AND INSTALLED A GTX1080 INSTEAD THAT I BOUGHT BNIB FROM A FRIEND......

waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

When that still did not fix it, I started attacking the damn CORSAIR RAM thinking "THAT must be my next issue, it IS a Corsair product after all".....

In all of that chaos of literally thinking I have a serious issue.... I find this thread talking about iCUE, and LOW AND BEHOLD, SHUTTING DOWN iCUE FIXED THIS TERRIBLE ISSUE.

So the problem DID turn out to be CORSAIR... Just not the Corsair RAM.

Renaming the files did not fix my issue.

At this point I am done with Corsair.

You guys make cr*p products.

You have cr*p customer service.

I knew I shouldn't have left Logitech & EVGA just so I could have "pretty flashy colors" and I did it anyway. Lesson Learned.

I've lost my patience with Corsair and now I have no problem being a pissy, spoiled customer about it.

Spent way too much money trying out the Corsair brand, and in the dust settling, Im still stuck with Corsair RAM, Keyboard, headphones and PSU.

At this point, I silently beg that my PSU survives the Corsair name...

I'll be doing my best to phase all this Corsair junk out of my PC, until then, why don't you guys do some good for once and fix your stupid iCUE trash.

While your busy doing that, I'll be doing some good and telling people NOT to buy Corsair. :wtfman:

Edited by bunny

• 2 months later...
I'm not sure how often people read this thread but i recently got new pc and re-downloaded my games and in shooter games it would stutter majorly. I went through NVIDIA thinking it was my RTX 2060 graphics card issue. After I went through them with no results I started tinkering with ICUE and I changed my polling. When I reset the polling off of 1k to 500 and 250 there no stuttering with my games. Figured it was my mouse settings b.c when I played the games before ICUE was downloaded, I had no issues and the next day downloaded ICUE to have mouse profiles enabled and I began to have issues. It only stuttered when moving the mouse in shooters not MMO games. since I've lowered it no issues have occurred. So my issue wasn't an update issue or an ICUE issue. It was more or less a setting that was cranked up and made the stuttering. I use a corsair scimitar pro mouse. So it could be that mouse with that high of polling that causes the stutter or just that high of polling for most mouses that's causing the stutters. It could also be the update that made it high. My old pc had 500 polling on it and that's what made me change my polling on new pc and I've had ICUE on it for 2 years so it probably kept that setting though-out the updates. So if new updated added polling and I downloaded ICUE with that update then that would explain it.

• 3 weeks later...
i have the same issue of lags but only in CS go , i did the dll renaming and it doesn't help. the only thing that works is disabling icue. Google seems to suggest that it's a sound issue of the corsair Virtuoso wireless mode and the icue, but i'm not sure . All i know is there were no lags before i bought the headset.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay it is January 2nd 2020 and this problem still occurring. After a few hours of of trouble shooting I found a solution. I tried everything on this forum nothing worked for me, so I tried to mess with the monitor frequency on NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL. That didn't solve the problem either. so I went to "MANAGE 3D SETTINGS AND RESTORED VALUES" then I went to"ADJUST IMAGE SETTINGS WITH PREVIEW" AND SELECTED "LET THE 3D APPLICATION DECIDE" HIT APPLY. AND PROBLEM WAS GONE!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm running the Mac version of the iCue (3.31.81) software for my Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite on my Mac Pro (64 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM, 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Processor, 2x AMD FirePro D300 2 GB Graphics Cards, running macOS Catalina 10.15.5), and any time I move my mouse across the screen it freezes whatever is on the screen until I stop moving the mouse. Seeing as how I'm not on a PC, the previously provided solution could not apply to me (because Macs don't use *.dll files).

Any suggestions on how I can go about fixing this issue?

Screen recording of freezing in action:

• 9 months later...
The issue - when we've seen it - typically goes back to the CPUIDSDK that's used to monitor system sensors. You can actually disable it by renaming the CPUIDSDK.dll to something else (like CPUIDSDK.dll.bak).

Since Link uses the exact same SDK (except an earlier version), rolling back to Link won't resolve anything.

Is there another fix to this issue now that we are in 2021? I'm experiencing the exact same lag issues as the OP described. (i.e. As soon as I remove iCUE, the problem is resolved.) I tried the fix in the quote above, but that did not resolve the issue.

I should also note, that my motherboard has built in ports for Mystic lighting. When I downloaded the program from MSI, the same issue occurred. I'm going to reach out to them for a fix, but I'm hoping someone from Corsair might know a solution given this seems to be an old problem.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Edited by pagelman

• 1 month later...
Same exact issue here. My laptop was unusable and could not figure it out. Did a fresh install, installed iCue and the issue came back... as soon as I uninstalled it my computer runs better then ever! Absolutely pathetic the software still runs this horribly years later. It will definitely stop me from buying another corsair product ever again.

• 2 months later...

Hi. 

Its 20/08/21 and I noticed that I have been having the same issue. Whenever I move my mouse (Scimitar Pro), my screen freezes and a second later it resumes again with the updated display. I also recently got an LS100 set that is on the back of my monitor. And I tried looking for what was causing the issue, and nothing helped so I decided to try turning off all the background apps and once it came to ICUE, after exiting it the problem went, but also the lights are now not working and obviously the profiles aren't going to work. Is there a solution to this yet? I've tried to do the SDK fix. Didn't work. I tried reinstalling the software didn't solve the issue. Clearly this has been an issue for many for a while.

CORSAIR WE NEED THIS FIXED!! 

Are there any solutions? Please HELP!

(UPDATE ON PREVIOUS MESSAGE)

So I was fiddling with the app trying to see if any settings may have been causing the problem and I tried to turn off my LS100, somehow this stopped the issue (I changed the 'setup lighting channel 1' from 'single monitor mode' to 'no device connected' and the issue stopped. I then changed it to the dual monitor mode to see if it did it again (just testing it out) and it appeared to do it again however les frequent than on the single monitor mode. I also tried changing to the second lighting channel and plugged the cable into the other port however the problem cam back. It is clear that this is where the issue lays however I do not know how to fix this, can someone from the corsair team try and look into this bug please? 

Just tested with my LS100, no problems on my end.

• 1 month later...

I have this stuttering problem as well. I'm wondering how many of you also run discord (i'm guessing a lot given we're all gaming). Reason I ask, is for the longest time I blamed discord because I similarly noticed if I close discord the stuttering goes away. Low and behold the other day I closed iCue instead and left discord running and the problem ALSO went away.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of OSD conflict going on here between the two apps. Does iCUE still have some kind of OSD? I went through the settings of the latest version and didn't see any so perhaps that's not it. But i'm similarly wondering if the rest of you have the same behavior if you close discord instead of iCue.

• 4 weeks later...

Just chiming in on this.  I have an absolute monster of a PC that has many Corsair devices in it, 18 at last count.  Keyboard, mouse, headset, 1000D case, all the RGB hubs, the 5 Commander Pro's, Corsair Hydro Watercooling stuff....  All works perfectly with the latest iCue v4.

...and then I have my HP Envy 15 laptop.  It's an i7 10th Gen, 32GB ram, 2080 MaxQ graphics, NVME drive etc.

I recently picked up a K65 mini for it.  Installed Icue v4 same as my main machine, and icue totally destroys the Realtek audio driver.  Something is causing latency spikes with the driver, which means that I can't playback movie files in VLC, play Youtube videos, listen to music, Netflix, play games.. Without this horrendous audio lag.  I've tried many suggestions online to resolve the known problem with Realtek drivers, but nothing helped.

The only thing that helped is uninstalling icue v4.

• 1 year later...

After the latest corsair update iCUE v4.33.138 this is still an issue. Also when this happens it breaks the RGB on my Asus X570 Dark Hero motherboard and Asus Strix 4090. I never experienced this issue before this recent update, so some software dev for sure broke something and QA didn't catch it before release.