Corsair Community

Backlit still on after PC is off

189e

Just today I purchased both K55 and Harpoon new. Love the RGB but there seems to be a slight problem. The backlit will not turn off with my PC like the mice/mouse does. I have both USB's plug into the motherboard. My case does have a USB port but I find it kind of weird if I needed to resort to that.

Is there a way to set the keyboard to shut off with the PC. I even tried manully turning off the keyboard with the brightness button but still no go. Is there a solution?

You can save a static profile to the devices thats all black or you will need to go into the BIOS and change the USB port power settings. If the mobo is providing power to the USB ports with out data the devices will light up.

I have tried looking in the bios but no luck in finding a power saver/usb port power.

Try turning on "selective suspend" from the Power -> Power Plans -> Advanced power settings -> USB + -> Selective suspend enabled. You still will want to avoid hitting the keys when the PC is shutdown and keyboard plugged in or the lights will come on. If that is an issue for whatever reason, go with the blackout profile suggested above.

• 1 year later...
I went into device manager an selected keyboard, then went to power management and turned off allow keyboard to wake pc. That worked for me. Now my keyboard turns off and does not turn on when the pc is shut down and a key is pressed. Edited by HARRY7
Wanted larger text

• 11 months later...

i have a K63 and a K65. I tried the last suggestion to solve it via the device manager and for the K63 it worked. Actually for both it worked initially but then later the problem returned for the K65 even though the setting in the device manager was not changed.

So I solved it via the BIOS by enabling ErP in the power management:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-exaclty-is-erp-in-bios.2289200/

seems to work although on 1 computer I have a Corsair K63 a Harpoon RGB PRO mouse and a HS60 PRO headset and the mouse was not recognized anymore by the Corsair ICue software via my regular mouse USB port. So I put it in another USB3 port and now all my devices are visible in the iCue software and perform as usual. During startup it however took quite a while for them to be recognized compared to when ErP was disabled.

So for now I leave it like this since I am not a gamer and it is quite a nuisance when you turn off Windows that all the devices are still lit, or at least the keyboards were. If problems occur during this setup will let you know.