Corsair Community

Alt Key not working

startlord1992

Hi I have been having a problem with my new Strafe RGB keyboard, and can't find any similar error searching the web.

When I hold down ALT, it is also activating the Windows and CTRL buttons as well. Thus basically not allowing me to use the ALT button at all. When I press down the Windows or CTRL button separately they are working fine. Also when I press down the ALT button it changes the brightness of the keyboard lighting.

I've tried changing USB ports, all drivers and software related is up to date, also tried turning off computer and then plugging keyboard in. All keys in the keyboard are clean, the keyboard is only 1-2 months old.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

Try creating a new profile to see if the alt key works, this is to see if you have set a macro by accident. If pressing the alt key changes the brightness of the keyboard, there may be a short somewhere. Can you try this on another system to see if it behaves the same? If it does, submit a RMA to have this unit replaced.

Do both the ALT keys behave the same way or only one side?

• 2 years later...

I know this thread has been dead for years, but I have the same problem except with a K55 keyboard. I'm not sure how to test the keyboard with the iCUE software so I'm not entirely sure how to fix it. I don't have another system to try it on and I really don't want to go out and purchase another keyboard.

EDIT: To clarify, it only does the Windows key and Control key thing. It doesn't change the color of the keyboard, it only triggers these 2 inputs. Also, the other Alt key doesn't do this.

• Corsair Employee
I know this thread has been dead for years, but I have the same problem except with a K55 keyboard. I'm not sure how to test the keyboard with the iCUE software so I'm not entirely sure how to fix it. I don't have another system to try it on and I really don't want to go out and purchase another keyboard.

EDIT: To clarify, it only does the Windows key and Control key thing. It doesn't change the color of the keyboard, it only triggers these 2 inputs. Also, the other Alt key doesn't do this.

What exactly is the issue you are having doing what Henry asked the other user?