Corsair Community

Is ASUS Z370-P compatible with CMK32GX4M2F4000C19

dzmka

Hi, I was looking to buy this memory set https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Memory-Size/vengeance-lpx-black/p/CMK32GX4M2F4000C19

My motherboard is https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-P/specifications/ which in specs does support 4000 MHz memory

However I wasn't able to find my motherboard in data sheet of memory on Corsair website, last chipset listed there is z170

Same applied for Asus website, its last update for supported memory list is beginning of 2018, so memory is not listed there

I know that motherboard also supports 64 GB max, meaning I can buy two sets, but it's worrisome that it might not be compatible

Can somebody help?

Does ASUS list any 2x16GB model of that frequency in their QVL?

DDR4-4000 with two 16GB modules is a lot harder, than with just 2x8GB and usually requires a very decent memclocker of a board. The Z370-P can probably not handle a kit like this and even less two of them. I would recommend to get something in the range of DDR3-3466/3600 instead, as a single 64GB kit (to ensure compatibility between the four modules).

16 gb nope, in QVL for 4000 MHz only 8gb are listed on Asus website, they do have same Latency though 19-23-23-45 as shown on Corsair website for this RAM, if I understood what you're saying, it's better to take complete 64gb set right away, rather than just 2 sets of 32gb with even less speed, right? as I understood otherwise I might have stability/compatibility issues, correct?

• Corsair Employee
16 gb nope, in QVL for 4000 MHz only 8gb are listed on Asus website, they do have same Latency though 19-23-23-45 as shown on Corsair website for this RAM, if I understood what you're saying, it's better to take complete 64gb set right away, rather than just 2 sets of 32gb with even less speed, right? as I understood otherwise I might have stability/compatibility issues, correct?

That's correct. Mixing memory kits, especially at higher speeds, can lead to instability issues even if both kits are fine by themselves. Using a single kit ensures that the modules have been tested with one another and shouldn't have any issues.

I would stick with emissary42's suggestion. 3600mhz should be easy enough on the memory controller for almost any Z370/Z390 board. Speeds above that, it's best to stick with what the QVL shows as tested with your specific board.

Archived