Corsair Community

Scimitar Problem (Jumpy/laggy)

Tuzark

Greetings! I just bought a Corsair Scimitar RGB, MM200 Mousepad and Strafe RGB Keyboard, and overall I am really satisfied, but I'm having an issue with my Scimitar.

Basically, the mouse will randomly (it does appear to be random, at least) "jump". For example if in a game, I use the mouse to look sideways, it might suddenly "jump" back a little to the direction I was looking before I moved the mouse. I don't know if that's a good explanation of my problem, but I don't know how else to put it. x) If I'm not in a game and the issue happens, I'll just see that the cursor jumps back to a previous location.

I've tried rebooting the PC, I've tried updating the firmware, the software, I've tried not using CUE at all, I've tried to change the polling rate, I've tried changing lift height to low, I have even tried to put the mouse in a different USB port (I orignally put it into the one on the Strafe Keyboard), and lastly, I tried unchecking Enhance pointer precision (Not sure what does does exactly, but I've had it on in Windows for as long as I can remember).

I really like this mouse, as it feels better than my old 2014 Razer Naga which didn't have this problem, so I hope this problem can be fixed somehow. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Okay, trying to do some recording now. Might take a while because the issue appears to be somewhat random (although it appears to happen more often when I do fast/big movements) so it won't just happen whenever I want. xD I'll try to get some footage of both gameplay and just in windows.

• Corsair Employee
Okay, trying to do some recording now. Might take a while because the issue appears to be somewhat random (although it appears to happen more often when I do fast/big movements) so it won't just happen whenever I want. xD I'll try to get some footage of both gameplay and just in windows.

Sounds good. I will wait for your videos

Right so, seems like free versions of Fraps only record 30 sec videos, which isn't nearly enough time. I don't know if there's any other reliable/good free recording software out there, but I'll keep looking and will post videos when/If I can.

EDIT: Found something that works, will get you the vids soon. Should I just link to you in a PM or here in the thread?

EDIT2: Based on my recordings so far, it seems to be affecting some games more than others. Not sure if that's correct or if it's just less noticable in some games.

I don't know if it's better now or if I'm just getting used to it, but it seems to happen less now for some reason. :/ And it very rarely happen when I record, but as soon as I do something else, like browsing the web or like.. anything else besides trying to make it happen, it happens a lot more often. I'll try some more recording but so far none of the vids really give any -really- good examples of the issue. I swear, every time I move the cursor over to the recording program on the other monitor, it happens. xD It's like this issue refuse to show properly when I want it to.

EDIT3: Honestly, looking over my recordings they aren't doing a good job showing the issue at all, but it's very easy to "feel" it when it happens, when I play. I'm not sure what to do honestly. It's like it refuse to happen when I try to record it. But whenever I'm minding my own buisness trying to do stuff, it happens fairly often, mostly when I do fast/long/big movements, like I mentioned earlier. Also like I mentioned earlier it really seem to happen more often while just doing stuff in Windows compared to when playing. I also don't know if It's happening less or if I'm just getting so used to it that it's harder to notice. I dunno if there's any point in uploading any of these vids? I can attach an advanced report from CUE though if that helps?

EDIT4: Finally it started happening -a lot- again, and I managed to get a little bit of it recorded (although it was WAY worse before I started recording) I'll upload the vid now, which will take a good while, and give you a link via PM tomorrow, if that's okay? (Since it's getting pretty late here in Europe. :P )

CUE Advanced Report.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I've updated the firmware to 1.06 using both CUE and manual methods. I've turned DPI down to below 6400. No matter what official recommendations I follow, the mouse does not work as advertised (accurate tracking up to 12,000 DPI).

I purchased the mouse directly from Corsair. Actually, this is the second mouse. When I first experienced the defect, I ordered a replacement, which was shipped out October 30.

How do I return this mouse for a refund?

Yours is jumping too? Here I thought I was the only one with this issue. xD And same, I've done everything that people have suggested in this thread and other threads, nothing is helping. Did your problem start right away or over time? I already experienced my issue during the first 10 minutes. D:

A friend of mine bought the mouse too, just a week ago and he's not had any problems with it so far. Going to have him bring his over to my place to try it on my PC to see if it jumps like mine does.. if it does, it might be a software problem, or something with my PC I guess. And if it doesn't, then it's probably a defect and I'll try to have it replaced.

Tuzark:

When you say that your friend is not having a problem, do you mean that you know that he's not having problems, or that he is not noticing a problem? I've had two of these mice that are apparently defective. It's difficult to believe that I just happened to get two lemons. It's very easy to believe that, for various reasons, many people just don't notice the problem.

Of course it could be that he's simply not noticing it, I dunno. All I know is that he says he's not had any problems with it. He came by today with his scimitar and I tried it on my PC to see if it would behave the same way, and I don't know if it was just pure coincidence or not, but I didn't notice the problem for the brief time I used it. It also feels a little bit smoother to use, compared to mine. Aiming in games felt smoother at least.. then again maybe I was just imagining things, I dunno. xD It probably would've been better if I had more time to try out his mouse, to see if the problem would happen at some point, but my friend didn't want to leave it here as he uses it himself. :P

Tbh I've noticed that the more time passes, the harder it is to notice when/if the problem occurs, almost as if I'm getting "used" to it, or that I'm ignoring it un-intentionally, because it seem to happen less often now, but it still happens. What annoys me the most though, is that when I try to show it to people or record it, it's hard to -make- it happen. I feel ike it happens more often when I'm just... doing things/playing and minding my own buisness, rather than when I -try- to make the problem occur to show it to people.

Archived