The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Syberon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957559
Syberon Reputation: 12

After some tests (togle demo mode; restarting windows; unplug mouse receiver; removing XML-profile) i found that Dark Core RGB SE is affected to high CPU load bug. When i unplug it then CPU load immediately drops to normal idle.

UPD:
Disabling lighting effects helps with Dark Core RGB SE too.

Last edited by Syberon; 06-05-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:11 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957568
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syberon View Post
After some tests (togle demo mode; restarting windows; unplug mouse receiver; removing XML-profile) i found that Dark Core RGB SE is affected to high CPU load bug. When i unplug it then CPU load immediately drops to normal idle.

UPD:
Disabling lighting effects helps with Dark Core RGB SE too.
Thank you again!

@DevBiker: I think I might update my "Fix Thread" to mention remove lighting effect as that seems like another fix. Good catch! Could I get more details? At work in a hurry up and wait state, though I have no way of doing any tests right now.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:59 AM
antonyfrn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957575
antonyfrn Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Minimize the window, not close to tray. This should help a little.
No difference.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:05 AM
N0XS's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957576
N0XS Reputation: 10

Same issue :/
Old 06-05-2018, 11:59 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957588

Other than RAM is the RM750i the only Corsair products you own? That is all I see in your system specs. More data would be helpful for your system. Did you try disabling demo mode/disable non-connected devices from being shown?

Old 06-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Phlegon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957597
Phlegon Reputation: 10

Well if Corsair doesn't fix the high CPU usage issue iCue will be DoA.
Link + CUE doesn't exceed 1% CPU usage on my system atm be it open or in tray.
This is how iCUE should behave.
The last thing we need is a bad system recourse hog program.
And like some people said it may be early access but those issues should improve over time not get worse and worse.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:50 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegon View Post
And like some people said it may be early access but those issues should improve over time not get worse and worse.
It is a balance act of adding new features and fixing bugs. Sometime adding new features breaks something that was working perfectly fine (regression testing). The CPU issue will be fixed, and Corsair wouldn't release this if this wasn't an early release. At least we are helping fix the problem and they are taking notes. i.e. The rainbow color issue was fixed. I wish MB manufactures would work like this with customer to improve some of their software. Lastly when iCue does go live, then it will be a lot more polished than if we didn't give input. Also an official release date will be closer the more feedback we give. I have developed tools, scripts, and a couple of apps. It is always better to have people not involved to help do usability tests and find bugs, than people who are very familiar with the tool. Also it is harder to test a wide range of variables with a limited sample set.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:08 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957609
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegon View Post
First, issues have improved over time. It's just that some users pick on pet features/issues that disturb them an complain LOUDLY about it, running around like Chicken Little.

Second, Corsair is well aware that the CPU usage issue needs to be fixed and I expect that we'll see improvements shortly. Folks on the beta team (myself included) provided this feedback some time ago and they've been working on it for a while already.

Finally ... and similar to what Solarity mentioned ... Corsair actually cares quite a bit about user feedback. If they didn't, this forum wouldn't exist nor would they be visible and active on it (and they are ... when they aren't at major conferences and such). They aren't perfect ... but neither are any of us. But they do work at it, they are focused on resolving issues and building a kick-*** tool, and they do actively listen to feedback, even if they aren't directly responding to the thread.

As for Link and CUE ... if iCue is installed, they will be effectively disabled. So looking at their usage isn't really relevant unless you fully uninstall iCue.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:41 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957645
donalgodon Reputation: 10

This version is still misreading 2700X temperatures.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Nisupulla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957646
Nisupulla Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
This version is still misreading 2700X temperatures.
Yeah, Here the fans jumped 750 rpm -> 1500+ rpm, except fan no. 1.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957653
Piplos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First, issues have improved over time. It's just that some users pick on pet features/issues that disturb them an complain LOUDLY about it, running around like Chicken Little.
1) This is an unacceptable language for you addressing to Corsair customers. Either you are actually a developer or any tester or even worse only a Corsair fanboy, you make me feel ashamed to read your words across this forum. You need to calm the ****** down. Corsair customer have ALL THE RIGHTS to complain about their products.

2) People actually BOUGHT stuff. Many of us PAID A LOT for Corsair product, so it's OBVIOUSLY unacceptable for us to have a sh*tty supporting software behind it. And no, the story of you telling "it's only a beta" is pure bullsh*t. If you open Corsair homepage you will see A GIANT MOTHERFKIN ICUE ADVERTISING and no sign of a "beta" mark or whatsoever. I would download CUE 2 software, but God I swear can't find any link pointing to Corsair site about CUE 2 even searching for it from Google. So shut up.

3) Again, read my lips: PEOPLE BOUGHT STUFF, and iCUE is essential to get those stuff working. It's not a free app on their Android phone. It's something should have been PERFECTLY WORKING, no matter what.

4) This is the last one, and now I'm talking as a developer: You wouldn't go further adding more features if you didn't fixed previous serious bugs. We still have all the previous bugs, plus new bugs and even a drastic performance worsening. And you call all of this "it's only a bug, Corsair is aware of this".
You would also need to improve code structure and optimize your algorithms in order to improve their efficiency.
All of this is *MANDATORY* before going further adding more features. This behavior is usually index of bad developers at work, and my other impression is there is only one or two devs working at it. Corsair is a big company, it's unacceptable to sell high grade hardware components and giving this... thing. Corsair needs a team formed by an acceptable number of skilled developers.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:48 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
1) This is an unacceptable language for you addressing to Corsair customers. Either you are actually a developer or any tester or even worse only a Corsair fanboy, you make me feel ashamed to read your words across this forum. You need to calm the ****** down. Corsair customer have ALL THE RIGHTS to complain about their products.

2) People actually BOUGHT stuff. Many of us PAID A LOT for Corsair product, so it's OBVIOUSLY unacceptable for us to have a sh*tty supporting software behind it. And no, the story of you telling "it's only a beta" is pure bullsh*t. If you open Corsair homepage you will see A GIANT MOTHERFKIN ICUE ADVERTISING and no sign of a "beta" mark or whatsoever. I would download CUE 2 software, but God I swear can't find any link pointing to Corsair site about CUE 2 even searching for it from Google. So shut up.

3) Again, read my lips: PEOPLE BOUGHT STUFF, and iCUE is essential to get those stuff working. It's not a free app on their Android phone. It's something should have been PERFECTLY WORKING, no matter what.

4) This is the last one, and now I'm talking as a developer: You wouldn't go further adding more features if you didn't fixed previous serious bugs. We still have all the previous bugs, plus new bugs and even a drastic performance worsening. And you call all of this "it's only a bug, Corsair is aware of this".
You would also need to improve code structure and optimize your algorithms in order to improve their efficiency.
All of this is *MANDATORY* before going further adding more features. This behavior is usually index of bad developers at work, and my other impression is there is only one or two devs working at it. Corsair is a big company, it's unacceptable to sell high grade hardware components and giving this... thing. Corsair needs a team formed by an acceptable number of skilled developers.
1) Not one employee has responded to this thread, only fellow community members have been posting here to help. DevBiker is not an employee, though he volunteers as a closed beta tester. Complaining about issues is one thing and I don't think he was directing anything at you. There have been more than a few people raging/venting and that is not helpful. It is becoming annoying. However, your first post I responded to didn't come across as annoying to me.

2) The marketing you are complaining about is only very recent, a couple days ago it was more apparent that this is a beta/early access. It still states it in semi-fine print when you go to download iCue. A lot of the marketing has changed, since Computex is starting. Computex is 1 or the two largest events that Corsair attends and releases/announces new products. If you have an issue with the way iCue has marketed, then start a thread saying you have problems. I am even becoming a bit callous toward some people's toxicity. I love the tool, I know the limitations, and I want it to get better as I think it is the best thing out there. I am also a fan of their hardware. I bought my LNP, while I was downloading iCue for the first time. I had faith in it as I liked CUE a lot. It is better than most tools I have used and seen. I bought a second LNP for external lighting and getting my old man a LNP and some HD-120's for father's day.

4) Everything should work fine with Link and CUE. Though I can't give any input on the new RAM that was announced. Again, I have bought 3xLNP because I think iCue is a diamond in the rough. I have researched RGB devices, tools, and even wrote my own tool to replace Gigabyte's RGB Fusion on my PC. I have done guides and will be making some RGB 101 youtube videos, that are not exclusive to Corsair. This is the best thing out there and there is nothing like it. Yes it has some little problems, though has anyone tried any other software?

FYI, I am starting to agree that Corsair's marketing department got to excited and jumped the gun the past couple of days. This kind of stuff happens at a lot of companies. If this is a problem for you voice your opinion, enough people voicing their opinion in a positive manner will achieve better results and give some software manager the ammunition to say I told you so (if that was the case). People venting/grieving will just get push back by people who like and support the product. I wasn't a fan boy of Corsair, though if anything has made me one, it is iCue.

I work for a larger company and I have to do stuff that I know is bad practice or won't work. Though some VP passed it down the manager chain that they wanted to do something stupid. I think people want this to succeed and do well. If we are open and honest in a non-toxic manner, then we will see more positive results, if enough people voice their agreement/concerns about the same issue, then that will go up the chain. People with similar end goals, don't always see eye to eye on the ways to get there.

Last edited by solarity; 06-05-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:30 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 957678
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:

1. Devbiker is actually a Razer spy.

2. Google does not fail to bring up CUE 2 material when you Google CUE 2. Were you perhaps on Bing?? The bing logo looks like a triangle with a stem, very similar to Google Drive logo. Easy for some to confuse.
Bing isnt really good for googling things Google is much better!

3. Yup, it's a free application on Windows.

4. Yes, aren't we all developers. I've made many useless apps in my lifetime. And they actually have only Half a dev on the project, he has a part-time job at Best Buy because he cants afford rent. They only pay him in RGB's.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support
Old 06-05-2018, 04:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957681
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:

Let me make something crystal clear to you: I DO NOT WORK FOR CORSAIR. I have also spent A LOT OF MONEY on my Corsair stuff. Quite a lot. I've also put a lot of time and effort on this forum to help folks AND to help Corsair resolve issues. And that's because I happen to like their products and I, personally, appreciate their work to engage with the community and actively get feedback from the community.

And ... as a DEVELOPER myself that has worked on wide variety of systems and projects in my twenty five years doing software development, including commercial products (which, by the way, are a far different beast than internal, LOB projects or web projects), I do appreciate the difficulties that the Corsair team faces as their software goes out into the wild. Regression bugs happen. Heck, bugs happen. Do not tell me that you've shipped 100% perfect bug-free code that was perfectly optimized. Because if you do, you are a liar. And if you believe that, you're lying to yourself.

This is absolutely unacceptable language for you to be addressing any other human being, PERIOD. I don't deserve it and the Corsair folks don't deserve it either.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957713
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

We're running on a skeleton crew this week in terms of forum monitoring. I've logged what I can piece together from the thread and will report it to the appropriate teams.

I understand the frustrations that have been made known and all I can ask is that we all remain civil.

For now, here's all I can suggest:
If a previous version of iCUE worked better for you, completely uninstall iCUE and install a previous version.
If you'd prefer to go back to separate CUE2 and CL4 setups and just wait on iCUE altogether, the latest versions of CUE2 and CL4 are still available to download from our website.

Download links:
iCUE v3.2.87 - http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...87_release.msi
CL4 v4.9.7.35 - http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...-v4.9.7.35.zip
CUE2 v2.24.50 - http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...50_release.msi

The feedback in this thread can be assumed to have been logged, and I'm seeing to it personally that it's at least looked at by our development team.

I'm going to close this thread, further mud slinging and personal attacks will result in bans. We want a forum for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and productive discussion, you can go elsewhere if you feel like arguing with someone.
Closed Thread