Corsair Community

iCue/Commander Pro, FAN RPM

AdamWes

I finally got my Commander pro and I am loving it. Just had a question with regards to FAN speeds. In the vids I watched it said they can be controlled right down to OFF. No matter what I set my RPM at, the fans do not drop below 600RPM. Even if I set them at 500RPM fixed, they still run between 600 & 700 RPM. I cannot get them to go any lower, certainly not OFF.

What am I missing?

You need to setup a custom profile with one of the temperature thermistor's that came with the CoPro I believe.

Thanks for the reply!

I have set up a custom profile, but that is really odd that you would need a thermal probe just to manually drop fan RPMs. I won't be using them as I have no need for them. I was hoping to be able to at least shut 1 fan off when it isn't needed.

Thanks for the reply!

I have set up a custom profile, but that is really odd that you would need a thermal probe just to manually drop fan RPMs. I won't be using them as I have no need for them. I was hoping to be able to at least shut 1 fan off when it isn't needed.

I too have not used the ones that came with both of my copro's so I'm not sure if they are needed or not. I know that I've seen some profiles drop my ML fan to zero RPM but don't think the LL's will do it.

It does not have to be the one of the native temp probes, although anything else will require iCUE running to enforce. I just set my case fans to the m.2 drive temp read through the board and they shutdown below the prescribed 40C.

You haven't listed your fans, although taking a guess you have HD or LL that have minimum speeds in the low to mid 600s. That is as low as they go, until you cut them off entirely. That is not related to the controller but the fan motor.

Looks like I was wrong, the LL fans can be driven right down to 0RPM. However, in iCUE, when using the "Fixed RPM" setting they won't go below 700. When using a custom curve they will go all the way down to 0! This is good :)