Corsair Community

H100i v2 not detected by computer

kbostic

Hello all. I've just recently built my first pc and everything seems to be working alright, except my H100i v2 isn't being detected by the system and the fans are running loudly. It isn't listed in Devices and Printers, nor in Device Manager or Link 4. I'm very new to this and a lot of what I've read and researched in order to fix my problem is a bit confusing to me, so I apologize in advance for my newbishness!

The fans were initially running at full blast. I read that I needed to disable fan control for the cpu fan in the BIOS, but was unable to find a way to do that with my motherboard (evga z170 classified k). I read elsewhere that I should turn it up to max instead and so did that and the fans seemed to be running how they should for a bit, but after a restart the fans have reverted back to full blast (or almost full blast).

Also, my system isn't detecting the cooler at all. I have the mini usb plugged in correctly, connecting the cooler pump to the usb header on the bottom of the motherboard. I've tried using a different mini usb to usb cable to connect the pump to a usb on the back of the tower, but same results. I'm not sure if this is important, but before, when I got the fans to seemingly work correctly and not run constantly at full, the LED on the pump was a bright white as opposed to the dim blue it was before I changed the cpu fan settings in the BIOS. I attempted another try to see if the mini usb to usb cable would work, but it caused the fans to go back to being loud again. Switching back the the cable that came with the H100i v2 has not fixed it. Still loud.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I apologize if this is a confusing mess, and that I haven't attached any images. I'm not entirely sure what would be helpful at this moment in time, but am willing to provide them should you need any.

Do you have similar to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322241402344 you could use to power it?

Until it shows up in Devices and Printers no software will see it.

The only screen shot that might shed some light on this is [Link Devices], maybe the BIOS CPU_FAN configuration as well.

It just occurred to me the half the pump speed will be reported to the CPU_FAN header, so post the initial SIV screen + [status] as well.

The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post.

I think I have something similar to that cable? It's attached directly to the cable that powers the LED's in my case. It has two of the littler plug parts coming off of the molex 4 pin part that my two case fans were supposed to go in but I connected them to the motherboard instead, so they're being unused currently. I'll include a picture.

Also, I've included the images you requested (I hope they're the right ones you asked for).

20170127_185119.thumb.jpg.f11fec3be8af212548d9c7f5a7431194.jpg

20170127_184022.thumb.jpg.2df78d13d1b6fbb6d3e28788372aee35.jpg

61c89e3177944703213368a776e987ed.png.66f098192656f9ba2f70824eabdf7298.png

The cable you have looks similar, but I can't tell from the picture if it supplies +12 or +5 volts. Can you check with a DVM? The centre pin should be +12 and the other ground.

The BIOS setup looks correct for CPU_FAN, but no speed is showing. I wonder, is the H100iV2 plugged into the CPU2_FAN header?

From [Link Devices] I can tell Windows has never detected the H100iV2.

I requested initial SIV screen + [status] screen shots that might help, please post them.

If it really is in CPU_FAN I am starting to suspect the H100iV2 is faulty, can you return it? You could always request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp, remember to upload the invoice.

BTW .PNG works better than .JPG for screen shots and using names such as BIOS Setup.jpg + [Link Devices].png would be sensible so we know which is which.

Archived