Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

The H115i Pro RGB doesn't seem to have this problem, it may be what I will switch to.

I did exactly that switch. Better cooling and most important.....no usb or other issues what so ever. Loving it. To me the platinum now is not worth buying.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chill dude! I had a firmware update today for both my H115i plat and my lighting node pro.

AIO: 1.00.33

Node Pro: 0.7.122

AND I just hit iCUE update and I am installing a new update there as well. iCUE is now on version 3.14.100

This is the version that was cited as having the fix on reddit.... Please please please let it be true!!

Edited by chefasaurus

Chill dude! I had a firmware update today for both my H115i plat and my lighting node pro.

AIO: 1.00.33

Node Pro: 0.7.122

AND I just hit iCUE update and I am installing a new update there as well. iCUE is now on version 3.14.100

This is the version that was cited as having the fix on reddit.... Please please please let it be true!!

The bug is still there, i installed the new update, pc did restart, i switched my lightning fromstatic white to rainbow colors and after a few seconds pump reconnects...

I use a H100i PLATINUM SE

Why everyone thinks I'm freaking out is beyond me, I enjoy this stuff and holding companies accountable when they screw up. I don't like being lied to and I have been several times by Corsair during this saga, and I have proof if I want to post the calls, so I apologize to you if it came off a bit harsh. And I have proof if I want to post the calls. As for when I said that, saw your post, checked for update, nothing. And now I check again and there is an update. If this is good and truly fixed then great.

But as for Corsair? No way will I apologize to you guys.

The bug is still there, i installed the new update, pc did restart, i switched my lightning fromstatic white to rainbow colors and after a few seconds pump reconnects...

That is hugely disappointing.... I haven't received the disconnect yet - I guess ill wait...

So seems likkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

YOU ABSOLUTE CLOWNS!!! HAHA....Just happened to me when I was thinking it would be funny if I was typing when it happened. THIS IS A CLUSTERF

Ok so was checking something else that I noticed during this but attributed to the same issue. Whatever they did made the cooler itself more responsive to changing speeds on the fans, before if I wanted to force them to full speed it would take about a minute to do so. Now its basically instantaneous, so I guess there is that. But for those thinking of getting this and who may run across this thread, please for the love of god don't do what those of us who can no longer return it did and buy this. While this issue is not reported to be a problem on the Pro series, for the love of god, go with a different company.

Ohhh you can do static colors on yours at least and not suffer the issue? Must be nice. :P

Did you restart? Happened to me until I restarted.

A few hours on the new iCue, no cutouts so far.... Im nervous

I installed, rebooted, made sure all the devices firmware was the latest version, enabled the settings that reliably duplicate this issue, waited 30 seconds, didn't have a problem, was in the middle of typing then it happened to me. I made it about 5 minutes before it happened.

You know I was looking around and ran across something that very well might explain why they are so quiet about this. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-corsair-m-a/corsair-hires-banks-to-explore-sale-or-ipo-sources-idUSKCN1QA2FA

How much would a recall cost on the valuation?

Guys again, which firmware update?

There is NO new firmware update. 1.0.0.33 is half a year old...

Ok first exactly what cooler are you using? I have a H100i Platinum SE (HAH jokes on me). Second my FW version is 1.00.35. There was an update maybe two days ago? So unless you have the same cooler I do it is possible your FW numbering might be slightly different than mine.

Now in case people accuse me of being a PITA and not providing something, I decided to go through again with the previous steps I ran only this time uninstall, reboot, scrub registry for anything Corsair in there (disclaimer: you do this at your own risk, if you have to ask what the registry is stop reading now), reboot again, pat self on head while spinning around and saying biggie smalls into a mirror three times, then go through reinstalling iCue. Setup iCue to guaranteed to make iCue HOLY S&$T I QUIT mode, sat watching the lights on fans, and , well, everything that has them for ~5 minutes and.....

/*<sarcasm that doesn't detract from the point> Then everything went dark and fans/pump spun down to an even quieter mode of OFF then after about 30 seconds everything came to life and has been behaving itself since I turned off HOLY S&$T mode and went back to a case that isn't too bright on the eyes anymore... nor a desk of devices... or a working mouse and keyboard. But since I turned it off no problems what so ever with it, none what so ever. */

So yeah, at this point I'm starting to question my decision to switch from Logitech to Corsair for everything but keeping the ram in its own walled off area. I absolutely love the way everything looks, more so when it works. The trouble is though I can't help but feel like I was cheated so thoroughly seeing that I could care less about the lights on top of the K95 but bought the keyboard because I liked everything about it and to me the lights were just a bonus. Then when I went with M65 Pro same thing happened. Then got Void Pro and at that point figured why not get what I like, which was a bunch MM800, ST100, etc to match the other stuff.

Now that the choice has come down to utilizing a feature I grew to like and watch everything Corsair turn off and on about every 5 minutes or keep it off (and I mean off. Even static setting lets it happen, just on a slightly longer time frame, though that was on the old software and I haven't checked if that works now) and lose the ability to even giggle at the power usage on the HX1200i (and I mean it, I found it hilarious how under stressed it is).

Couple that with the fact that I have been lied to several times, of which I'm not going to details but they promised several times to do something, and didn't.

Then add this latest "attempt" to fix the problem, tested by a....specific group of people on top of everything else including a couple things I didn't list and I am starting to consider switching from the only supplier I bought ram from for nearly 20 years to someone else.

What happened guys? You realize that the "legendary" support is just that now right? Legendary, seeing as it looks as if it hasn't those cobwebs cleaned off in a long time.

They need to recall/replace these devices even if they have to give us something better that actually works as intended and doesn't cause the rest of their devices to jump off a damn cliff all the same time.

Edited by Waukeen

I went and exchanged the H115i Platinum for the Pro even though I love the colorful RGB fans on the Platinum. The issue just drives me nuts so I sacrifice a look for a trouble-free one. Haven't much time with it yet because I had to go to work right after installing it. Will update you guys posted on how it performs. Edited by jcniest5

I want to add one more thing to the last post but this I want separate so it's easier to read. What happens if the cpu cooks because this bug hit and then they (fans/pump) never came on again? Not saying it is going to happen, but what if it does? An issue that affects one of the most critical components in the machine? Some how I feel like we would get blamed for letting it happen. I honestly can't help but feel that is what would happen based off how wonderfully this has been handled so far.

Why don't I switch back to air? I'm lazy, still healing from back surgery and, frankly, I like living dangerously.

Edited by Waukeen

I've just done a clean install of the new iCue 1.14.100. Alas, the iCue crashes and subsequent USB disconnects/reconnects on my H115i RGB Platinum with Spiral Rainbow

etc. set are still there (they even appear to happen more frequently than before), especially when I start Steam/have it running. :(:

I've just done a clean install of the new iCue 1.14.100. Alas, the iCue crashes and subsequent USB disconnects/reconnects on my H115i RGB Platinum with Spiral Rainbow

etc. set are still there (they even appear to happen more frequently than before), especially when I start Steam/have it running. :(:

MORE frequently? No improvement at all with 3.14.100???!!! Wow that's a bummer. After a cmt of a tester I at least hoped to get some improvements here even when it's not fully fixed but the opposite is absolutely shocking.

On another thread (on the H100i Platinum) someone posted saying changing a pattern other than Spiral Rainbow fixes his issue, you may want to see if it fixes yours as well. I've tried it and no, it doesn't fix mine. Now, I'm on the Pro and am happy so far. No more crazy blinks or USB connecting.

MORE frequently? No improvement at all with 3.14.100???!!! Wow that's a bummer. After a cmt of a tester I at least hoped to get some improvements here even when it's not fully fixed but the opposite is absolutely shocking.

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

It took only 4 minutes until I got the first USB disconnect using iCUE 3.14.100.

Another 2 minutes later the seconds USB disconnect.

This is indeed the worst iCUE version ever regarding this issue, never had this disconnect so frequently in any other previous version.

Install iCue

Set it to what you want

Stop it from auto starting

Never use that piece of junk software ever again

Worked for me.

this is NO alternative if you have a FULL system of corsair products which you want to be synced all-together when you launch a specific game where a iCUE profile has to be loaded.