Corsair Community

Compatible cables ? (bitfenix)

elric75

hello !

This week I had a weird issue with my computer :

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKiY5muadew[/ame]

I wasn't able to start it except by removing all USB peripherals and even with that it had trouble to start.

I managed to fix that by replacing the 24pin cable I had with the PSU and which I replaced with a red / black bitfenix compatible one. I had this cable for 2 years without any kind of issue

i've ordered another black and red but from Corsair now just to be safe.

My question is about the other cables.

The CPU / GPu ones.

Should I leave the biftenix one or should I use corsair? this issue made me paranoid and even if all seems to be fine I was wondering about it.

Also, can i expect to have somehow better performance with corsair ones or is it exactly the same unless they are also failing?

Thanks

Edited by elric75

As a general rule it is always best to use the cables that come with your PSU, as they are designed to match your PSU specification.

If I buy special ones I usually by cablemod and get the ones certified to work with my PSU, in my case a HX1000i.

If they are working you are probably OK, but I would replace them if it is in the budget.

The cable I had was certified for my rmi850

I've ordered this one now https://www.topachat.com/pages/detail2_cat_est_micro_puis_rubrique_est_w_accboi_puis_ref_est_in10116883.html

It's by corsair.

I will replace the cpu one by the default one since we wants actually see it besides the aio

For the gpu since it's working fine I guess it's all good with the bitfenix ones ?

I never said I used the wrong câbles ?

2 years ago I bought a bitfenix cable désigned for my Psu (rmi850)

And this Week the 24 pin cable failed and I wasnt able to boot or not without removing all usb peripherals

I was about to order another Psu but I decided to replace the 24 pin with the big black one which came with the Psu and it fixed the issue.

Since that cable is ugly I ordered the one I linked above which is a corsair one but I still have the pcie and cpu from the bitfenix kit and I was wondering if I should let it in or if I could expect better performance or stability with corsair câbles.

But the bitfenix alchemy kit I had was certified for my Psu I would never used non compatible cables

I never said I used the wrong câbles ?

2 years ago I bought a bitfenix cable désigned for my Psu (rmi850)

And this Week the 24 pin cable failed and I wasnt able to boot or not without removing all usb peripherals

I was about to order another Psu but I decided to replace the 24 pin with the big black one which came with the Psu and it fixed the issue.

Since that cable is ugly I ordered the one I linked above which is a corsair one but I still have the pcie and cpu from the bitfenix kit and I was wondering if I should let it in or if I could expect better performance or stability with corsair câbles.

But the bitfenix alchemy kit I had was certified for my Psu I would never used non compatible cables

The way you said it, it didn't sound like it ... "bitfenix compatible one" isn't quite clear on that. You know that Bitfenix makes PSU's too? So that sounded like it was a cable compatible with Bitfenix.

Glad you know not to do that. We've had that happen on here.