Corsair Community

How much force to my memory for overclock?

telepati

Hi, I have 2x CORSAIR CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 memory kit total 32GB. I want to setup my desktop for overclock but I dont know how much force to my memory for overclock. Normally this RAMs are 1600Mhz 1.5V. Also I dont know this RAM compatible with my new mainboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H? What do you think and what do you suggest?

• 6 months later...

Good morning everybody,

I am in the same situation. I set up my rig last year and spend an eye to overclock one day. Now the time is come and I wanted to overclock the system. I am using nearly similar components like telepati:

Core i7 4770k Haswell

EKL Alpenföhn Brocken 2 cooler

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF

Corsair CMZ16X3M2A1600C9

ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II

When I choose medium from Gigabytes smart quickboost options in the overclocking tool easy tune (from Gigabytes), the i7 runs stable at 4300MHz each core. Same at graphics with an offset on 1200% (using asus GPU tweak tool).

But: If I choose in Gigabytes UEFI Bios the overclocking profil Corsair tight 3000 the pc doesn't come up. I activated XMP with Profil1 from the dropdownlistl.

Is anybody out there who uses the same rig or is familiar with the mainboard settings and memory?

Thanks a lot and many greetings from Germany,

Michael

Archived