Corsair Community

K70 RGB MK.2 Stops working randomly

Pzuh

My K70 keeps not working randomly throughout the day for like 10 minutes, until i replug like 10 times it works again. When it stops working the lights stay on but the keys are not responsive. Also, when I unplug my keyboard when it is working and plug it back in, it just stops working as well for 10 minutes. Any fixes?

• Corsair Employee

Couple of things you can try to improve connectivity:

* Connect to a different USB stack directly on the back of the motherboard

* Update your USB drivers to the latest from the motherboard manufacturer's website

* Make sure you're on the latest version of iCUE

You can also check to see if you have the same issue connected to a different PC/Laptop

Couple of things you can try to improve connectivity:

* Connect to a different USB stack directly on the back of the motherboard

* Update your USB drivers to the latest from the motherboard manufacturer's website

* Make sure you're on the latest version of iCUE

You can also check to see if you have the same issue connected to a different PC/Laptop

Hello i have the sam problem even after a windowa 10 clean install.

I only have open the followin programs: Firefox, twitch, Blizzard APP, WOW, steam and CSGO.

I have icue installed, my bios have all updates installed and all drivers are up to date.

@dexterrr

Do you have the same problem when connected to a different computer?

yap, the freezing can occur like in 1 minute or 4/5 days, and i noticed that if leave the computor on like 6h/8h(with play time) the freezing occurs more often.

Now im testing in bios mode and only frozed 1 time in 5 days.

Edited by dexterrr

• 3 months later...

My K70 MK2 is doing the same and I am pretty close to giving it away for free. I have spent so much time trying to figure out what is wrong. Its def the keyboard.

Different USB

Latest Bios

Latest drivers

Different PC

Hold ESC for 5 seconds

BIOS Mode

All this and the POS doesnt work and I have to use a cheapy wireless Logitech to use my gaming rig to browse the internet and type this post.....

I have a similar issue where my K70 MK.2 Low Profile Rapidfire isn't recognized by the PC (or iCUE) and I need to physically unplug and re-insert the USB cable(s), simply restarting the PC doesn't fix the issue. This happens on avg. once every few weeks. It isn't a big gripe, but it is annoying.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there,

I got a Corsair K70 red (from early 2015)

I also had this replug issue for the last 5 years. But nowadays, it started to occur more often.

I did reset my keyboard according to this Corsair Webpage:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/de/articles/360025465031-Anleitung-Tastatur-zur%C3%BCcksetzen#h_0fb3d397-1612-4633-abc7-2fd2c9cb453d

(its german...)

Maybe this helps.

Bios Updates... I would not do that. This is the last step. Before this step, just get another keyboard. (Power cut during BIOS Update is not nice...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone :)

So, im on my second K70 RGB and i have the same exsact problem,

the keyboard just freezes, could be after 5 mins or two hours into gaming, then i have to replug it in and out like a mad man for it to reconnect again.

This is absolutely NOT exceptable, yes i have all the new drivers and i am on the newest Bios update. (Happens on all my Pc's, with all up to date parts)

I am just stopping by to express my disapointment, i will never ever buy a Coirsair product for that matter again, and i to like c0rderr0y are going to give my K70 away to a friend for free cause im so fed up with it.

Im 100% sure the fault is on Corsairs side with a bug/disfunction/error in the Keyboard-Usb connection department.

If this would happen with a 50€ okay, but at this price range, hell no...

Hi Everyone,

I am experiancing exactly the same, It works for a few min. and then out of the blue it just stops... When replugging it in also doesnt always work and have to do it a few times.

Running Windows 10 Professional v2004 (Build 19041.388)

Latest version of Chipset drivers from AMD

Latest version of Bios from Gigabyte

Latest version of iCUE (3.31.81)

Latest firmware of Keyboard (3.24)

Power Options -> High Performance -> Advanced Settings -> USB -> USB Selective suspens setting -> Disable

Device Manager -> USB Hubs & Host controllers -> Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power -> Off/Disabled

Bios USB Power Save - Off

Same result with ICUE uninstalled

Edited by zniper
Additional Info

Hi there,

I got a Corsair K70 red (from early 2015)

I also had this replug issue for the last 5 years. But nowadays, it started to occur more often.

I did reset my keyboard according to this Corsair Webpage:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/de/articles/360025465031-Anleitung-Tastatur-zur%C3%BCcksetzen#h_0fb3d397-1612-4633-abc7-2fd2c9cb453d

(its german...)

Maybe this helps.

Bios Updates... I would not do that. This is the last step. Before this step, just get another keyboard. (Power cut during BIOS Update is not nice...)

Tried the following as suggested on german Corsair site as well without any luck.

For K95 RGB Platinum and all MK2 keyboards:

Disconnect the keyboard from the computer.

With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.

Reconnect the keyboard to the computer while continuing to hold down the ESC key.

Hold down the ESC key until the lighting on the keyboard begins to flash.

Disconnect and reconnect the keyboard from the computer.