Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.4.28 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.4.28.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.4.28, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• Hardware playback restored for SP RGB fans, HD RGB fans, ML RGB fans, and RGB strips.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed situations where leaving Corsair LINK running for 3+ days will result in high CPU usage.

Known Issues:

• Users connecting Lighting Node PRO or AXi USB dongle to Commander PRO USB hub may experience detection issues if Commander PRO is connected to an AMD chipset or ASMedia USB controller. (Fix ongoing.)
  • CPU core numbering may not report correctly for some users. (Fix ongoing.)
  • Extra fans may appear under motherboard info after Link is left running over an extended period of time. (Fix ongoing.)
  • Systems with AMD graphics cards may report one extra graphics card. (Fix ongoing.)
  • Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Fix ongoing.)
  • Changing profiles does not change DRAM lighting. (Scheduled to be fixed in next release.)
  • LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
  • CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx.

So.. just upgraded to 4.9.4.28 to try and fix this issue - but it has not fixed it. Seems that someone else had a similar issue before that "self resolved" - where they were using a mixture of LL120 and LL140 fans.

Note in the images below that each fan should be a single color, but there are 2 that are mixed pink/green

Version of your Link software: V4.9.4.28 & V4.9.3.25

Windows 10.0.16299.125

Fan LED's "bleeding" into each other

6 LL120's, LNP V0.5.104 (also tried earlier version but it didn't even have LL fans as an option)

If I have fans set to different colors or effects, some of the fans get "color bleed" from the fan in front/behind it.

Same with the effects that use all the fans - I.E. Pong at one end gets screwy.

If I remove some fans - even right down to only having 2, the problem is still there. I have changed the order of the fans, and also swapped out both the hub and the LNP (I have 2 of the 3 packs, so have double) and nothing fixes this issue - I can only think that it's a software problem but it seems like it's not a very common issue.

Here's my config in Link

Configuration.jpg

Here's the front fans (No.1 is the lower fan, no.2 above it)

Fans_Fr.jpg

Here's the rear fans - (No.3 and 4 in the top, No.5 at the rear and No.6 is CPU) Note how 5 (rear) and 6 (cpu) are split, as though link thinks there are actually 7 fans.

Fans_Rr.jpg

Its been countless releases and I still cannot place corsair link on my top monitor without it immediately moving to the lower monitor.

LMMGyIB.png

It is also still crashing daily, with this in event viewer.

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.exe, version: 4.9.4.28, time stamp: 0x5a2aa2fc

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.64, time stamp: 0xac8afc81

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005d0bc

Faulting process id: 0x3f20

Faulting application start time: 0x01d37b8956d4afcc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: dbd50732-03cb-46d9-80e2-9d9ac039593b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thx.

So.. just upgraded to 4.9.4.28 to try and fix this issue - but it has not fixed it. Seems that someone else had a similar issue before that "self resolved" - where they were using a mixture of LL120 and LL140 fans.

Note in the images below that each fan should be a single color, but there are 2 that are mixed pink/green

Version of your Link software: V4.9.4.28 & V4.9.3.25

Windows 10.0.16299.125

Fan LED's "bleeding" into each other

6 LL120's, LNP V0.5.104 (also tried earlier version but it didn't even have LL fans as an option)

If I have fans set to different colors or effects, some of the fans get "color bleed" from the fan in front/behind it.

Same with the effects that use all the fans - I.E. Pong at one end gets screwy.

If I remove some fans - even right down to only having 2, the problem is still there. I have changed the order of the fans, and also swapped out both the hub and the LNP (I have 2 of the 3 packs, so have double) and nothing fixes this issue - I can only think that it's a software problem but it seems like it's not a very common issue.

Here's my config in Link

Configuration.jpg

Here's the front fans (No.1 is the lower fan, no.2 above it)

Fans_Fr.jpg

Here's the rear fans - (No.3 and 4 in the top, No.5 at the rear and No.6 is CPU) Note how 5 (rear) and 6 (cpu) are split, as though link thinks there are actually 7 fans.

Fans_Rr.jpg

Have you tried reversing fans 5 & 6 on the RGB Fan Controller?

Its been countless releases and I still cannot place corsair link on my top monitor without it immediately moving to the lower monitor.

LMMGyIB.png

They STILL haven't fixed this? It's not on the list of known issues either so maybe they are not planning to fix it??

For Corsair employee Dustin -

I reported on the last version of Link that I couldn't install the update unless I closed everything in my system tray because the Link installer would crash every time I went to update either through the Link updater or the standalone package.

Well it did the same with this version, so I closed apps in my tray one by one. Turns out it's caused by MSI Afterburner and/or RivaTuner (when I close Afterburner it closes both). As soon as that closed, I was able to update without crashes or error. Dunno what's up with Link but it conflicts with those and has for others.

For Corsair employee Dustin -

I reported on the last version of Link that I couldn't install the update unless I closed everything in my system tray because the Link installer would crash every time I went to update either through the Link updater or the standalone package.

Well it did the same with this version, so I closed apps in my tray one by one. Turns out it's caused by MSI Afterburner and/or RivaTuner (when I close Afterburner it closes both). As soon as that closed, I was able to update without crashes or error. Dunno what's up with Link but it conflicts with those and has for others.

I have the exact same issue!

Hardware playback restored for SP RGB fans, HD RGB fans, ML RGB fans, and RGB strips.

It should be noted for those with LL fans and Strips (and indeed if they also have HD/SP/ML fans also in their system along side LL fans)

You will no longer have synced lighting effects with out Link running

Which I personally don't get as the above 'fix' is to mostly please those that Don't run corsair Link

not really an issue but my system now looks all miss matched when shutting down and restarting

Maybe a hardware playback toggle could be introduced?

who knows, acknowledgement either way would be great. Otherwise that coupled with Corsairlink crashing everyday, I may have to ditch the corsair eco system for something more stable.

What crashes are you seeing everyday? Can you post some stack traces from Event Viewer (look for something with .NET Runtime as the source) or the log files from C:\ProgramData\CLink4?

What crashes are you seeing everyday? Can you post some stack traces from Event Viewer (look for something with .NET Runtime as the source) or the log files from C:\ProgramData\CLink4?

If I understood how to stack trace I would gladly help. I had to cut the logs to just cover recent days as they were both over 60mb. As for the crashes, it will just randomly crash, I added the event viewer log to the post above. I will just come home to windows app crash popup asking me to send a report.

Client_Trace.log

Service_Error.log

Hmm.. this was not a successful update for me. I have been sitting on Link 4.8 and Commander Pro firmware 0.21 for a while to maintain the hardware playback and accurate temp probe readings. I did update to the 4.9.4.28 this morning and C-Pro firmware 0.41. I hooked one HD120 into the C-Pro and my other fans remain on my motherboard.

Both of my temp probes no longer provide readings and are static at 0.0C. Link rhythmically loses the one HD120 (Fan #3) and it pulses in an out of both Link and AIDA sensors. Closing AIDA did not resolve the issue. Mutliple reboots did not resolve the issues. Additionally, the C-Pro (or Link) is detecting a phantom fan in slot #1. Based on the value, it appears to be the raw pump speed data from my X62.

Since the temp probes and the one GPU rad fan linked to the probe are my uses for fan control, I rolled back to FW 0.21 first. I was about to roll back Link as well, but after the reboot following FW 0.21, all was back to normal. I am not sure if this is firmware related, Link related, or a combination. I am going to let it ride on this Link version and FW 0.21 and see how it goes. The only issue I had on 4.8 was the 0 fan bug.

EDIT: The 4.9.4.28 and C-Pro FW 0.21 combo did not last long. The same issues with faulty temp probe data, phantom fans, and wonky data returned. Add mismatched voltage rails to the list (12v rail reads 3.31v, 5V reads 12.015, etc). I had a hard time removing it as well and had to use a 3rd party tool. All looks back to normal on 4.8 and 0.21.

anyone wanna help me with? Or someone knows what to do? i tried all of the versions but still wont work, when i bought the corsair h100i v2 and installed link it was fine but after 3 days it wont work anymore. i've been struggling on the problem for like 2 months now

PC Specs:

i5 6600k

asus strix 1080

16gb 3200mhz

win 10 64bit

dvTOIOu.png

anyone wanna help me with? Or someone knows what to do? i tried all of the versions but still wont work, when i bought the corsair h100i v2 and installed link it was fine but after 3 days it wont work anymore. i've been struggling on the problem for like 2 months now

PC Specs:

i5 6600k

asus strix 1080

16gb 3200mhz

win 10 64bit

Are you running any other system tools? AI Suite or something similar?

PC Specs:

i5 6600k

asus strix 1080

16gb 3200mhz

win 10 64bit

dvTOIOu.png

I had the same problem when RivaTuner was running.

Will the demo playback lighting mode be back as an official lighting preset? I actually really enjoyed the rainbow wave look of it on my SP120s. Going back to 4.9.3.25 just for it. Lol

Edit: Is there a way to go back to 4.9.3.25? I've installed the 4.9.3.25 version but Link still shows the latest 4.9.4.28 version on the About tab in CL4. On that previous version I would be able to exit CL4 and have the demo playback effect go but on this version it doesn't anymore.

PC Specs:

i5 6600k

asus strix 1080

16gb 3200mhz

win 10 64bit

dvTOIOu.png

Been having this exact same problem for months now, but I don't have RivaTuner installed or anything. I have Windows 10 and the H80i. Any ideas as to what could be happening?

Archived