Corsair Community

Good Budget Monitor?

hibatchi

Hey everyone, just pulled the trigger on my Corsair One and couldn't be more excited. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a monitor, or at least monitor specs I should be looking for in order to take advantage of the One's capabilities? I'm currently using two very old monitors that I know won't be able to do it justice. I don't want to break the bank if possible, as the computer itself already did that so any recommendations or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

Depends on what you want to do to be honest. We use the CORSAIR ONE with 4K 60Hz and 1440p 165Hz displays regularly.

There are other features to keep in mind such as the type of display (VA, IPS, etc.), whether or not a monitor is ultrawide (generally 3440 x 1440), and G-SYNC capability.

Check out the Dell S2417DG.

1440p 144hz+ is amazing, and this computer can handle it in most games. In games where you can't achieve 1440p 144hz, gsync will be your rescue!

If you could spend more money, there are some really nice 1440p 144hz+ IPS displays as well, but honestly I would get the TN high refresh rate monitor and then an IPS high res monitor for almost the same cost as a high refresh rate IPS display.

I got this one from Amazon: Acer Predator XB252Q bmiprz 24.5-inch Full HD (1920x1080) NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor (Display Port & HDMI Port, 240Hz)

Here's why:

1. Limiting my monitor to 1080p will keep my machine playing games at higher settings with higher framerates than playing at 1440. 1080p isn't a downgrade for me since my previous rig for the last 6 years also had a 1080 monitor.

2. Gsync and high refresh rates! This is the real upgrade.

3. I went with this TN panel instead of IPS because I couldn't find good IPS 1080p Gsync monitors.

I'm very happy with it -- Vermintide plays on highest settings without a hitch... Final Fantasy 15 will surprisingly stutter at some parts on highest settings, but it's no big deal. Rainbow Six: Siege is gorgeous!

Archived