Corsair Community

Need a help for CMW16GX4M2C3600C18

Baio

Baio,

Questions:

1) can you run a test bench with UserBenchmark.com and get a baseline memory score and report it here. I tend to use this to get a general sense how my memory configuration compares to others with similar hardware. You can paste the link of your bench results back here.

2) At DDR4-3200 are you currently using any specified voltages, termination block, or cad bus settings recommended by by Dram Calculator?

3) Did you try any of the settings from this page? I'm interested to know if the DDR4-3200 setting from this site works for you?

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide/9.html

4) I'm wondering if the following value changes will work for you at DDR4-3200?

tCL - 16 ---> 16

tRCD - 18 ---> 17

tRP - 18 ---> 17

tRAS - 36 ---> 34

tRC - 58 ---> 52

tRRDS - 7 ---> 6

tRRDL - 10 ---> 8

tFAW - 35 ---> 36

tWTRS - 4 ---> 4

tWTRL - 12 ---> 12

tWR - 12 ---> 12

tRDRDSCL - 5 ---> 4

tWRWRSCL - 5 ---> 4

tRFC - 345 ---> 320

tRFC2 - 256 ---> 238

tRFC4 - 157 ---> 146

tCWL - 16 ---> 16

tRTP - 12 ---> 12

tRDWR - 8 ---> 6

tWRRD - 4 ---> 3

tWRWRSC - 1 ---> 1

tWRWRSD - 7 ---> 7

tWRWRDD - 7 ---> 7

tRDRDSC - 1 ---> 1

tRDRDSD - 5 ---> 5

tRDRDDD - 5 ---> 5

tCKE - 9 ---> 8

Baio,

Questions:

1) can you run a test bench with UserBenchmark.com and get a baseline memory score and report it here. I tend to use this to get a general sense how my memory configuration compares to others with similar hardware. You can paste the link of your bench results back here.

Here it is.

Catturaaaa.png

2) At DDR4-3200 are you currently using any specified voltages, termination block, or cad bus settings recommended by by Dram Calculator?

I should try, as I'm running @3400 with Calculator values.

3) Did you try any of the settings from this page? I'm interested to know if the DDR4-3200 setting from this site works for you?

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide/9.html

4) I'm wondering if the following value changes will work for you at DDR4-3200?

I think I can use them but I'm gonna try.

Baio

Here it is.

Catturaaaa.png

I should try, as I'm running @3400 with Calculator values.

I think I can use them but I'm gonna try.

Baio

Note: You can use the updated Ryzen Master as a replacement for Ryzen Timing Checker which no longer works with newer BIOS/UEFI. It will report your memory settings now so you can use that to see what your BIOS/UEFI choose to use for anything that was left on AUTO.

So are you are stable at 3400 now?

Note: You can use the updated Ryzen Master as a replacement for Ryzen Timing Checker which no longer works with newer BIOS/UEFI. It will report your memory settings now so you can use that to see what your BIOS/UEFI choose to use for anything that was left on AUTO.

So are you are stable at 3400 now?

Yes, stable @3400 with the timings you see in the attachment.

But the point is my RAM is rated 3600 and it's where I wanna be… as you can see I've calculated timings again with the latest version (1.6.0.3), but starting from this base I can't go higher than 3400 or low timings (and there are many I must keep higher than Calculator says) or I get RAM beeps.

The only one I left to Auto in the BIOS are:

TRCPAGE (not mentioned by Calculator)

TRFC4 (not mentioned, but I assume that TRFC (alt) is named TRFC2 in Asus BIOS)

MEMADDRCMDSETUP (not mentioned by Calculator)

MEMCSODTSETUP (not mentioned by Calculator)

MEMCKSSETUP (not mentioned by Calculator)

Am I supposed to set also the "Advanced" tab values?

Why Calculator gives very different results switching from V1, V2 and manual?

I undestood V1 is for more lucky sticks and V2 for poorest (like mine) but what does manual mean? I see manual calculates higher timings in same cases and lower in others...

Thanks again!

Baio

Cattura.thumb.PNG.f57b8b4b9dda32022333062da15d5258.PNG

Yes, stable @3400 with the timings you see in the attachment.

But the point is my RAM is rated 3600 and it's where I wanna be… as you can see I've calculated timings again with the latest version (1.6.0.3), but starting from this base I can't go higher than 3400 or low timings (and there are many I must keep higher than Calculator says) or I get RAM beeps.

The only one I left to Auto in the BIOS are:

TRCPAGE (not mentioned by Calculator)

TRFC4 (not mentioned, but I assume that TRFC (alt) is named TRFC2 in Asus BIOS)

MEMADDRCMDSETUP (not mentioned by Calculator)

MEMCSODTSETUP (not mentioned by Calculator)

MEMCKSSETUP (not mentioned by Calculator)

Am I supposed to set also the "Advanced" tab values?

Why Calculator gives very different results switching from V1, V2 and manual?

I undestood V1 is for more lucky sticks and V2 for poorest (like mine) but what does manual mean? I see manual calculates higher timings in same cases and lower in others...

Thanks again!

Baio

Quite frankly I think you seem to be doing really well at 3400 considering tha UserBenchmark score you posted.

I would consider sticking with that or go back to the other kit that did work at DDR4-3600.

Using the SPD information you provided I took calculated XMP values and now compared them to the DDR4-3400 config you provided. My initial thoughts when comparing them: There is possibly some minor improvements to be had while at DDR4-3400 but you already stated you cannot lower your timings any more. My curiosity is wondering if the adjustments below would still be stable for you?

CUR | XMP | Description

_18 | _18 | tCL

_19 | _19 | tRCD

_18 | _19 | tRP

_39 | _39 | tRAS

_60 | _58 | tRC (maybe -2?)

480 | 630 | tRFC1

__7 | __6 | tRRDS (maybe -1?)

__9 | __9 | tRRDL

_42 | _40 | tFAW (maybe -2?)

Can you lower the other timings noted above to match XMP timings (not frequency) possibly by first increasing tRFC1 to 630 first, reboot then lowering it again afterwards? I suspect if you are having problems it may be failing to post at lower tRC? If tRFC1 is too low you may have problem tring to post as well.

There must be some kind of significant difference between your G.Skill 3600CAS16 kit making it clearly more compatible with your other components at the higher frequency. Maybe you can dump your SPD chip info for that kit and lets compare between the two? (be sure to capture the shole screenshot, the last one was truncated)

I haven't really applied many values directly from the advanced tab of dram calculator except once I think for VDDP voltage which helped with a prior experiment. I find some of the things there interesting however I don't know if they really matter and I don't recall if that web overclocking article described any impact of using many of those other values.

Dram calculator has recently been updated and I read somewhere that what is now "manual" was previously called "debug".

Also have you done any experiments with your DRAM or SOC voltages according to the article I referenced?

So how about this... can you even post at DDR4-3600 DRAM@1.35v, SOC@1.020v (one point zero two zero, stay below 1.1) , 20-20-20-40-60 or any looser timings at all?

Edited by A Computer Guy

Quite frankly I think you seem to be doing really well at 3400 considering tha UserBenchmark score you posted.

I would consider sticking with that or go back to the other kit that did work at DDR4-3600.

Using the SPD information you provided I took calculated XMP values and now compared them to the DDR4-3400 config you provided. My initial thoughts when comparing them: There is possibly some minor improvements to be had while at DDR4-3400 but you already stated you cannot lower your timings any more. My curiosity is wondering if the adjustments below would still be stable for you?

CUR | XMP | Description

_18 | _18 | tCL

_19 | _19 | tRCD

_18 | _19 | tRP

_39 | _39 | tRAS

_60 | _58 | tRC (maybe -2?)

480 | 630 | tRFC1

__7 | __6 | tRRDS (maybe -1?)

__9 | __9 | tRRDL

_42 | _40 | tFAW (maybe -2?)

Can you lower the other timings noted above to match XMP timings (not frequency) possibly by first increasing tRFC1 to 630 first, reboot then lowering it again afterwards? I suspect if you are having problems it may be failing to post at lower tRC? If tRFC1 is too low you may have problem tring to post as well.

There must be some kind of significant difference between your G.Skill 3600CAS16 kit making it clearly more compatible with your other components at the higher frequency. Maybe you can dump your SPD chip info for that kit and lets compare between the two? (be sure to capture the shole screenshot, the last one was truncated)

I haven't really applied many values directly from the advanced tab of dram calculator except once I think for VDDP voltage which helped with a prior experiment. I find some of the things there interesting however I don't know if they really matter and I don't recall if that web overclocking article described any impact of using many of those other values.

Dram calculator has recently been updated and I read somewhere that what is now "manual" was previously called "debug".

Also have you done any experiments with your DRAM or SOC voltages according to the article I referenced?

So how about this... can you even post at DDR4-3600 DRAM@1.35v, SOC@1.020v (one point zero two zero, stay below 1.1) , 20-20-20-40-60 or any looser timings at all?

Never mind… at last I decided to buy a 3700x (arrived me in a record-time) and now I can finally keep the RAM @target speed and timings.

I think the problem is the 2xxx memory controller.

Thanks again for your support!

Baio