Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

correct bottom inlet/outlet in a front upright rad setup please?

Correct is debatable.

I have run many of corsairs IO's front mounted tubes top (inc both previous H150i's) and never had a problem my self.. same for the many i have fitted for other people and will continue to do so.

yes ive seen GN's upload...

as for tube length.. here you go buddy

H150i elite tube length is 365mm give or take a mm

Last week I ordered a bunch of fans for my new case, total of 10.

(1) H150i ELITE kit, (2) 3-packs with Lighting Node Pro, (1) single, (1) Commander Pro.

With help from Zotty and DevBiker, I proceeded to install everything.

Well, it turned out great! There was a firmware update, and, iCue update, that went smooth.

All the fans and LED's work perfect! This was the most enjoyable build I've had.

Thanks again to the Corsair Beta Team and everyone that helped!

Tom

Last week I ordered a bunch of fans for my new case, total of 10.

(1) H150i ELITE kit, (2) 3-packs with Lighting Node Pro, (1) single, (1) Commander Pro.

With help from Zotty and DevBiker, I proceeded to install everything.

Well, it turned out great! There was a firmware update, and, iCue update, that went smooth.

All the fans and LED's work perfect! This was the most enjoyable build I've had.

Thanks again to the Corsair Beta Team and everyone that helped!

Tom

Feels Good.. Thanks man :) now for some picks in the builds section? :)

I recently got the H115i Elite Capellix and wanted to match the rest of the case fans. I want to get clarification because I haven't seen a firm answer yet (I may have missed it). I see the specs say ML140 RGB Elite for the included fans with a part number (M/N) RWF0042 on the label. Are these identical, similar, or completely different to the ML140 PRO RGB? If different, is it possible to buy additional ML140 RGB Elite fans? If so, where?

Thanks!

Quick question regarding my current setup:

6 LL120s

H150i Elite Capellix

Commander Pro

I’ve got the 6 LL120s connect to the commander pro and a RGB hub connected to LED 1 on the CoPo.

The 3 fans/leds of the h150 are connected to the CoCo.

Is there anyway to connect the CoCo to the CoPo? Or does it have to be installed to the Mobo?

You can run it through the Commander Pro's pass through ports or directly to the MB. Normally, it doesn't matter but some AMD boards are picky.

However, no matter what the Commander Pro and Commander Core will still be separate devices. There is no way to link or merge the fans lighting patterns together into one group, aside from the Lighting Link functionality.

Little confused on using two different fan types on the Commander Core. I have the 150i Elite Capellix, and since ML-Elite Fans are not available separately, I am considering adding 4 LL 140's - three intakes up front and one exhaust on the rear, along with the 3 existing AIO ML Elite fans. Couple concerns...

That's 7 fans, not 6 :). So I can put two fans on a splitter...or two splitters I guess, one rgb and one power splitter, correct? Does Corsair offer these or would I need to order from the piratedog ebay guy? I understand the two fans on the splitter will act as one as far as effects are concerned - any suggestion on which two to combine? Maybe I should have gotten the 115i Elite instead. If I swapped to the 115 I could add 4 fans with no issues. I kinda leaning towards moving to the 280 size anyway.

But, how will the Core handle the mix of ML-Elite and LL fans? I want to say I read you could not mix models on the Core (yet), but earlier in the thread it seems that you can?

Or, should I use some other setup, ie lighting node instead of the Core for the LL's? I'm interested in how it will affect the effects that roll from fan to fan, ie Visor and similar, fwiw.

Alternative option, I go with three LL 140's instead of four, forgoing the splitter setup, assuming there is no issue using ML-Elites and LL's on the core. So 2 up front, 1 in rear, or 3 up front, and some other non-rgb fan running in rear off MB header or Phantek hub (P660S)...

hi buddy.. happing to have answer for you soon on using splitters on the Commander Core..

but to top you up on information. sequential effects will roll from fan one to fan six. it will not extend to another fan and return back down the chain (pong etc).. its all based on 6 fans. iirc if you have 2 hubs.. each with 6 fans on,, both would display same effect at the same time and roll through fans one to six at the same time.

Splitters will work on the Commander Core for both RGB and PWM.

When you mix different fan types, it'll "recognized" all of the fans as the type with the most LEDs. So, in your case, it would configure them all as LL fans. This will work but some effects will be a bit off - things like Pong, Visor, Sequential will all be weird.

hi buddy.. happing to have answer for you soon on using splitters on the Commander Core..

but to top you up on information. sequential effects will roll from fan one to fan six. it will not extend to another fan and return back down the chain (pong etc).. its all based on 6 fans. iirc if you have 2 hubs.. each with 6 fans on,, both would display same effect at the same time and roll through fans one to six at the same time.

I've installed/swapped to an H115i so now have spots to add 4 case fans. I actually switched to front mount rad as well am am testing. Still undecided on add-on fan model, if there is a better matching solution than the LL's?

This might be a silly question, but the CoCo's are the same between the three Elite Capellix models, yes? Since I already had the 150i CoCo mounted I just plugged the 115i into it, Seems to be working fine, but if they have different electronics/mode/curves/whatever I will swap the CoCo too.

Edited by 78Staff

This might be a silly question, but the CoCo's are the same between the three Elite Capellix models, yes? Since I already had the 150i CoCo mounted I just plugged the 115i into it, Seems to be working fine, but if they have different electronics/mode/curves/whatever I will swap the CoCo too.

they are all the same buddy

Hallo ich möchte die H115i iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX kaufen

Kann ich an den Commander Core zusätzlich 4 SP Series Lüfter anschließen?

Wird die Lüftergeschwindigkeit der SP Lüfter vom Commander Core geregelt?

Werden die LEDs der SP Lüfter funktionieren? (Die SP Lüfter haben ja genau wie die mitgelieferten ML Lüfter 8 LEDs)

Ab wann kann man die H115i iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX in Deutschland kaufen?

Vielen Dank

Hello I want to buy the H115i iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX

Can I also connect 4 SP Series fans to the Commander Core?

Is the fan speed of the SP fans controlled by the Commander Core?

Will the LEDs on the SP fans work? (Like the supplied ML fans, the SP fans have 8 LEDs)

When can I buy the H115i iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX in Germany?

Many thanks

Hi,

I'm just trying to figure out how to set up my fan configuration.

My 150i Capellix is arriving this week, and I want to at 3x ML 120 RGB and 1 ML 140mm RGB.

I think the Commander Core can only take 6 fans, though. Would I need to buy a Commander Pro to accommodate this additional fan?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hi,

I'm just trying to figure out how to set up my fan configuration.

My 150i Capellix is arriving this week, and I want to at 3x ML 120 RGB and 1 ML 140mm RGB.

I think the Commander Core can only take 6 fans, though. Would I need to buy a Commander Pro to accommodate this additional fan?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

yeah adding a Commander Pro would be the correct way forward along with an RGB Fan LED Hub. which gives you full control in iCUE

yeah adding a Commander Pro would be the correct way forward along with an RGB Fan LED Hub. which gives you full control in iCUE

Thanks for the reply!

I bought the Commander Pro, and the mentioned fans. Looking forward to building it. Havent put together RBG before

Edited by arsenal197

I was wondering more about this as well.

I have my h150 elite capellix plugged into the commander core and six 6 LL 120s plugged into the Commander core. The three fans that came with the cooler I have plugged into a lighting node pro that came with the LL 120s. I want to take advantage of the featured profiles you guys have on your website but I cannot get them to work on the commander core through the capellix portion of the IQUE software since it recognizes the commander core as the capellix.

I would think that Corsair has overlooked this? We can't be the only ones trying to do something similar.

Jared

You can run it through the Commander Pro's pass through ports or directly to the MB. Normally, it doesn't matter but some AMD boards are picky.

However, no matter what the Commander Pro and Commander Core will still be separate devices. There is no way to link or merge the fans lighting patterns together into one group, aside from the Lighting Link functionality.

Working on getting things for a new build and just working out how to control them all. Just want to see if I understand the set up for it right. Will be a h100i elite with 3 QL 140s and then 120 for a Rear exhaust. Connect all the fans them self to the Commander Core for fan control then the RGB control for the AIO to the Core and run the 4 QLs to a light node. Can those then be ran strait into 2 usb 2.0 on the motherboard or should I run them into a Commander Pro first?

Hi, I have a Elite Capellix in a new build with Commander Core. When I installed iCUE it detected it as Commander Core under devices but will not let me control it saying a firmware update is required. When I click update it gets about 50% then says update failed and the fans ramp up to full speed. The Commander Core also disappears from Devices but is still listed in Settings. If I try the update again it keeps failing. Following a reboot the fans go back to idle speed. If I delete and re-install iCUE then the Commander Core appears again under devices but again requires firmware update that fails. I am running latest version of iCUE and the Commander Pro is directly connected to the motherboard USB 2 port. I have also tried another port and get the same issue. has anyone experienced this and do people think I have a faulty Commander Core? Thanks in advance

Just an update on my own post above. Having tired connecting the USB to external ports on the same PC with no change. I connected the Commander Core USB to another PC and was able to use iCUE to successfully update the firmware. I have now connected the USB back to the internal USB header on the motherboard and its detected and working fine in iCUE.

Just an update on my own post above. Having tired connecting the USB to external ports on the same PC with no change. I connected the Commander Core USB to another PC and was able to use iCUE to successfully update the firmware. I have now connected the USB back to the internal USB header on the motherboard and its detected and working fine in iCUE.

Sorry i didnt see this sooner buddy... Glad you are sorted!..

just out of interest, both PC's on same version of iCUE?